Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Nautilus | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: How to post large size pictures like Sal does
    Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)

How to post large size pictures like Sal does

Remove this ad
    I would like to post a picture of my new Continental in the picture thread of the Continental Forum, but I don't know how, any help would be appreciated.

I don't have a picture hosting website, but I was wondering if I attached a picture to a post and then used that link address to make the picture appear in the text, would it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Town View Post
    I would like to post a picture of my new Continental in the picture thread of the Continental Forum, but I don't know how, any help would be appreciated.

I don't have a picture hosting website, but I was wondering if I attached a picture to a post and then used that link address to make the picture appear in the text, would it work?
    Yes, that's exactly what I do. I attach an image and then copy the link to where the attachment is located - and add it in like that. Let me know if you need any further help!

Sal C.
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what I do. I attach an image and then copy the link to where the attachment is located - and add it in like that. Let me know if you need any further help!

Sal C.
    Thanks Sal, I will try that.

Posting an embedded picture did not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Town View Post
    Posting an embedded picture did not work.
    Did you get an error of some sort? I'm going to post an attachment here, copy the link and then add it using the image code...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    Did you get an error of some sort? I'm going to post an attachment here, copy the link and then add it using the image code...

Hi Sal, I did not get an error code, I posted the link for the picture, but it did not post as an img. I am now looking at the way your attachment appears, it shows as an img which I can replicate with the insert image icon (2nd row 4th block 4th icon) but mine appears as attach=config 4810attach which does not work. Yours appears as a forum address with an attachment identifier that I cannot replicate. Following is what I get when inserting an image from my computer using the img icon.

Continental driver side view.jpg

Posting an image from your computer always shows up as a small clickable picture. You have to upload them to a hosting site like Photobucket for it to be full size.
    1989 Chrysler LeBaron 70,000 miles
    2013 Ford Taurus 57,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
    Posting an image from your computer always shows up as a small clickable picture. You have to upload them to a hosting site like Photobucket for it to be full size.
    Thanks, that is certainly what I have been seeing. The img icon offers 2 options: computer file or URL. I chose the computer file and the picture shows up without the attachment flag as a small pic which is made larger by clicking on it. I guess Sal is choosing the URL option and getting full size pics. Thanks for the clarification.

Here's what I do:

[-IMG]http://lincolnforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4809&stc=1&d=149340501 3[-/IMG]

If you take the minus sign out from before the IMG inside the brackets, it should display as the full image. Give that a try and let me know how you make out...

P.S. I don't know why that "3" is hanging off at the end but it's actually part of that long string of numbers: 1493405013

Continental with 255-45R19 MXM4 tires.jpg
    Hi Sal, I cannot see the full address with IMG info, just the following "ATTACH=CONFIG]4812[/ATTACH" where the quotes replace the squared brackets at front and back so it will display in the text. So I cannot remove the - before the IMG.

This is taking up a lot of space in the thread so perhaps delete these and I will update the original question with this finding and go from there?

So what I tried is:

1. attach a pic from my computer through the "Manage Attachments" that displayed a url "http://lincolnforums.com/forum/images/attach/jpg" in the file address here on the forum. I then put this address into the IMG dialogue box for a URL and pressed OK, but there was a message saying invalid file and the only info to post is the attachment.

2. In a separate post I tried the IMG option directly and clicked on IMG icon and selected the computer file option and uploaded the same picture. The picture posted.

Continental with 255-45R19 MXM4 tires.jpg

When this is done in one post (as in this case) the attachment component is eliminated and only the IMG file is displayed, but in a small format. So I am not following your instructions very well.

Slick Fan is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2003 TC Signature, 1977 TC, 2003 Aviator
    Town,
    Once you attach and upload your photo, click the thumbnail to enlarge the photo, then right click and "copy image address" pictured here. (this is a screen shot from my computer, of your photo)
    Town Help.JPG

Then edit your post. On a fresh line without any text, type [img] [/img], (upper or lower case letters work) then paste the image address between those tags. Make sure the tags & URL address touch on both ends & it should now show as the large size...

I hope this helps.

Thanks Slick Fan, it sounds doable. I will try that.

So here is my attempt to follow Slick Fan's instructions, and it works perfectly. Thank you so much Slick Fan.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Fan View Post
    Town,
    Once you attach and upload your photo, click the thumbnail to enlarge the photo, then right click and "copy image address" pictured here. (this is a screen shot from my computer, of your photo)
    Town Help.JPG

Then edit your post. On a fresh line without any text, type [img] [/img], (upper or lower case letters work) then paste the image address between those tags. Make sure the tags & URL address touch on both ends & it should now show as the large size...

I hope this helps.
    Now I have a question for you. Why are you still running Windows XP?

American Luxury, I cannot answer for Slick Fan, but I am on Windows 10 and it sucks, I would rather be on XP where my software works great. Windows 10 will not run anything properly on my PC, not even Hyper V virtual environment so that I can emulate an XP environment and run my software.

Slick Fan is very smart to stay on XP.

Really? I love Windows 10. I haven't had any issues since I downloaded it the day it was released. It's actually not a good idea to run XP at this point as Microsoft no longer supports it. At the very least I would be running Windows 7.

Slick Fan is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2003 TC Signature, 1977 TC, 2003 Aviator
    Remove this ad
    Town, I'm glad I could help.

Quote Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
    Now I have a question for you. Why are you still running Windows XP?
    LOL!! That screen shot was from my work computer, and I love XP! I know it's only time until the industry forces us out of XP...so when my home computer died last November, I decided to buy a new one instead of limping that old beast along. My new one has Windows 10...and I'm with Town, that OS sucks! It's been six months now, and I'm still figuring out stuff that used to be easy for me on XP.
    It took me about two hours one day, for it to finally play nice with my scanner. Haha!

Oh well, nothing stays the same for long, computers are constantly evolving. I just wish Windows 10 didn't take such a drastic leap from XP.