Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Driver window wont open 07 TC Limited Signature
    jimisbell is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2007 Town Car Signature Limited and 1956 MKII Continental, technically NOT a Lincoln

Driver window wont open 07 TC Limited Signature

Remove this ad
    Is there something simple I missed? A fuse that only affects the drivers window??

The manual says a cause could be "Drivers Window Control Switch OFF" 'cummon are they talking about the Up/Down switch which any idiot would know needs to be pushed or is there a hidden switch I dont know about??

It just happened a week ago, working fine, then quit. Lucky it quit when it was closed....LOL

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    I think the switch being talked about is the passenger windows inhibit switch and that is not your problem or related to your problem. Here is how the driver window switch works:

"Normal Operation
    When the accessory delay relay is energized, battery voltage is provided to the driver window control switch through circuit 193 (YE/LG). The driver window control switch is grounded through circuit 57 (BK). When the driver window control switch is moved to the window down position, voltage is supplied to the driver window regulator motor through circuit 227 (YE) and ground is supplied through circuit 226 (WH/BK). When the driver window control switch is moved to the window up position, voltage is provided to the driver window regulator motor through circuit 226 (WH/BK) and ground is supplied on circuit 227 (YE).

Possible Causes
    Circuit 226 (WH/BK) open or short to ground
    Circuit 227 (YE) open or short to ground
    Driver window regulator motor
    Driver window control switch"

There is no component test for the switch. I would remove the switch panel and access the driver window switch wiring and make sure the YE/LG is powered by the ign switch and the ground (black wire) is grounding properly. Then apply power from the (YE/LG) wire to the yellow wire (YE) and ground the WH/BK wire to the (BK) ground connection to bypass the switch. If the window goes down then replace the switch. If nothing then replace the motor.

Good luck.

jimisbell is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2007 Town Car Signature Limited and 1956 MKII Continental, technically NOT a Lincoln
    How is the switch panel removed? The manual doesnt show this procedure. I am afraid to use a screwdriver to pry it out for fear I will break something.

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimisbell View Post
    How is the switch panel removed? The manual doesnt show this procedure. I am afraid to use a screwdriver to pry it out for fear I will break something.
    In the third post of this tech thread: http://lincolnforums.com/forums/thre...-panel-removal you will see the procedure used for the 2005 window switch panel removal. It is near the beginning of the article. It works for passenger and driver side switch plates. The procedure applies to 2003 and up models:

"Remove the window control switch plate as follows:

see the following picture (passenger front door panel shown – driver side similar) and note the
    locations of the 3 switch plate clips. You cannot just pop up the front of the plate and pull the plate
    forward because one of the rear spring clips is pressed into a slot on the door. Use a common table
    knife - they are smooth and just thin enough to go between the plate and the upholstery. Pry up the
    front using a firm resolve (it's a tough clip!!), then pop the rear of the plate up the same way (they're
    also tough to pop up). Restrain yourself from getting a pry bar and heavy hammer, although the clips
    will want you to consider this option! (Remember – this step is not necessary unless you have
    another purpose)."

Good luck.

Just the info I needed. The part about just do it and keep prying until it comes out. I was afraid to put too much pressure on it but I wont be now and I wont use a screwdriver. Thanks

Trixster22 is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 98 TC Signature
    Remove this ad
    Had the same exact problem in my '98 TC a few weeks ago. Replaced the regulator and motor, and I was good to go.