Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: The New Continental has weakened sales.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    Remove this ad
    I would like Lincoln to have a more sporty car. It seems that a lot of brands have one, like the V series from Cadillac and of course the AMG.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    I would like Lincoln to have a more sporty car. It seems that a lot of brands have one, like the V series from Cadillac and of course the AMG.
    I think they will. They took a baby step with the 400hp MKZ and I'm confident they'll move on to higher performance vehicles once they feel their feet on planted solidly on the floor with their full lineup...
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

I really hope yoo’re Right. I cannot wait for a sporty Continental. Even Genesis has a sport model!

I really hope yoo’re Right. I cannot wait for a sporty Continental. Even Genesis has a sport model!
    Well, there's no sporty Genesis G90. There's a G80 Sport which would compare to Lincoln's MKZ. I wouldn't expect a sporty Continental. Most brands don't have something like that and those who do hardly sell any of them (and they're extremely expensive)...
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    Well, there's no sporty Genesis G90. There's a G80 Sport which would compare to Lincoln's MKZ. I wouldn't expect a sporty Continental. Most brands don't have something like that and those who do hardly sell any of them (and they're extremely expensive)...
    But don’t you think it would be just an additional jewel to have around? I have never seen any TV or internet commercial for a CTS-V but it does exist. Possibly it would attract a younger crowd to check the Lincoln brand?

But don’t you think it would be just an additional jewel to have around? I have never seen any TV or internet commercial for a CTS-V but it does exist. Possibly it would attract a younger crowd to check the Lincoln brand?
    100% it's needed. The MKZ isn't enough as it stands. Lincoln will need a higher performance car than the 400hp MKZ if they want to attract "V-Series" attention. What I'm saying is - don't expect it in a Continental. There's not going to be a V-Series type high performance "full-size" Lincoln any time soon...

Been back in Central Florida for a while now. Drove to Ocala and Orlando/Winter Park, plus various places here in Lake County. Still have not seen a Continental. None. Not even the one that I used to see at Golden Corral once in a while before I went up to WNY. When I was in WNY, did not see any.

Sal; With you living in the WPB area, you may see some, but then in PB, you see a lot of "Luxury Cars".
    BTW, on how many sites are you the moderator? I see you all over. ��

I could have ordered another (new) 2017 Continental yesterday and had it delivered today. I chose instead to purchase another 2014 Equus with 29,000 miles.
    I will never buy another Continental in it's current clothing.

L8RSK8R

What ever 2017 lincolns that are left do not have the bells and whistles (ie HUD).
    What is your issues with the continental? I have driven the 2017 loaded and they are great. If you ever owned a lincoln before this car reminds you of them. They are made big to ride smooth and lots of comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by L8RSK8R View Post
    I could have ordered another (new) 2017 Continental yesterday and had it delivered today. I chose instead to purchase another 2014 Equus with 29,000 miles.
    Congratulations !!

Quote Originally Posted by Ctrcbob View Post
    Sal; With you living in the WPB area, you may see some, but then in PB, you see a lot of "Luxury Cars".
    BTW, on how many sites are you the moderator? I see you all over. ��
    Yes, I do see a few Continentals - more and more over time - here in South Florida. Yes, we have every luxury dealer you can think of. I mean - there's even a Mclaren dealer here. Along with Bentley, Rolls Royce - even Lamborghini and Ferrari. And when the Fisker Karma was being sold - we even had one of those dealerships... So I guess it's not out of the ordinary for there to be Continentals near me. But I do like seeing more and more on the road lately...

Yes, I'm everywhere. Cars have been my hobby for as long as I can remember. Ever since I watched people gawk at my father's 5 year old Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz way back in 1985. That left an impression on me. Then my friends with Iroc-Zs, Mustang 5.0s, Grand Nationals, etcetera - that just lit a fire in me that's never gone away. I'm more of a luxury car kind of guy but I truly like 'em all. I'm a member of over 100 automobile related forums.

What do you like about the 2014 Hyundai Equus over the 2017 Lincoln Continental? In my opinion the Continental is the better car but I'm sure you got a great deal on the Equus - which is a very nice big luxury sedan. The 2014 got a few updates (ONE that I don't like) but mostly good stuff - and the interior was refreshed very nicely. The only update I don't like is the wheels - which lost their chrome. I actually like mirror-shiny wheels. Apparently that's becoming less and less popular with many people.

Quote Originally Posted by hjr1949 View Post
    L8RSK8R

What ever 2017 lincolns that are left do not have the bells and whistles (ie HUD).
    What is your issues with the continental? I have driven the 2017 loaded and they are great. If you ever owned a lincoln before this car reminds you of them. They I've are made big to ride smooth and lots of comfort.
    Hey, as you have read from my previous posts, I've owned Lincoln before. Two 1998 Continentals and one 2002 Continental. No way does the 2017 remind me of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Ctrcbob View Post
    Hey, as you have read from my previous posts, I've owned Lincoln before. Two 1998 Continentals and one 2002 Continental. No way does the 2017 remind me of them!
    Why didn't you test drive it before you bought it? Why are you spamming this board with your dissatisfaction.

My Continental sat at the shop for almost 3 weeks for warranty repairs. Shop called to say the parts are in, bring the car in anytime Umm, you've had the car on your lot for almost 3 weeks. I didn't even miss the car for those 3 weeks.

Driver seat lower/outboard seat (lumbar) bolster broke away from the seat frame. Trunk would auto close 1/2 way & re-open. Door code unlocks doors on the 4th digit entered. In stop & go traffic the transmission clunks in and out of gear. Rear passenger door interior opening button broke. Rear door sun shade rattles as it only hooks onto the rear hook and vibrates against the forward hook. Visibility from the side mirrors is terrible.

Car currently has just over 30K miles in 10 months. My Equus' & G90's & Navigators would cover 65-75K miles in that same time frame.

I've owned 30+ Lincolns over the years (car service) and I've personally driven over a million miles in Lincolns.
    I'll still buy the Navigators, they've been awesome vehicles for me. I love my 1971 Continental sedan.

My first Equus was a 2014 demo model with 3000 miles, purchased for $51,000. That car currently has 240,000 miles and was only in the dealership for the complimentary oil change period.
    Everything works, it's a straightforward large sedan.

Sal, I paid $26,000 for the latest Equus. Had to purchase as a drunk driver rear-ended the 240K mile Equus (last week)

Sal, I paid $26,000 for the latest Equus. Had to purchase as a drunk driver rear-ended the 240K mile Equus (last week)
    Sorry to hear about the 240k mile Equus. I hope everyone was alright after getting rear-ended. But, wow - that's a lot of mileage. Are you a member of the Equus forum? That would be really something to tell people...

Quote Originally Posted by PBC2015 View Post
    Why didn't you test drive it before you bought it? Why are you spamming this board with your dissatisfaction.
    Did not test drive because of the GREAT reputation of my three previous Continentals. Never expected the quality would go down.
    BTW. Not Spamming this board with my dissatisfaction. As Sgt. Friday used to say, "Just the facts".

Remove this ad
    Sales have increased for the Continental in October, but overall Lincoln sales are down!