Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!


lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Aviator | Nautilus | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: The New Continental has weakened sales.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 76
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    9
    Remove this ad
    the car was meant to be a bargain large luxury car. They didn't try and hide it. They would never waste the money competing with the S/A8L/7

    They took a Ford platform, gave it good engines, quiet interior, and an adaptive suspension.

    You should have read up on the product before buying.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Age
    22
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctrcbob View Post
    The 1998 to 2002 Continentals were far superior to their peers of the day. The 2017 Continental does not even come close to its present day peers. Unfortunately I only learned this after I purchased.

    Like I said, EDSEL.
    What do you consider a peer to the 1998-2002 Continental?
    1989 Chrysler LeBaron 72,000 miles
    2013 Ford Taurus 60,000 miles

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
    What do you consider a peer to the 1998-2002 Continental?
    That's a good question. But also consider that the current Continental is Lincoln's flagship. The Town Car was the flagship from 1998-2002. Either way, no Lincoln compared to the S-Class, E-Class, 7-Series or 5-Series back then...
    Want to be connected with everything automotive in your area? Check out the Cars Connected app today!


    Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Age
    22
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    That's a good question. But also consider that the current Continental is Lincoln's flagship. The Town Car was the flagship from 1998-2002. Either way, no Lincoln compared to the S-Class, E-Class, 7-Series or 5-Series back then...
    That was going to be my point, but it looks like we're not going to get an answer. I'm sure he conveniently forgets that the old Continental was based on the Taurus.
    1989 Chrysler LeBaron 72,000 miles
    2013 Ford Taurus 60,000 miles

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
    That was going to be my point, but it looks like we're not going to get an answer. I'm sure he conveniently forgets that the old Continental was based on the Taurus.
    We know that the new Continental is a very competitive full size luxury sedan and while it may not have every feature the S-Class does, it's a great buy for people who don't need to be on the very cutting edge of technology or at the top of the high performance heirachy...
    Want to be connected with everything automotive in your area? Check out the Cars Connected app today!


    Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

  6. #51
    Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    333
    I would like Lincoln to have a more sporty car. It seems that a lot of brands have one, like the V series from Cadillac and of course the AMG.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    I would like Lincoln to have a more sporty car. It seems that a lot of brands have one, like the V series from Cadillac and of course the AMG.
    I think they will. They took a baby step with the 400hp MKZ and I'm confident they'll move on to higher performance vehicles once they feel their feet on planted solidly on the floor with their full lineup...
    Want to be connected with everything automotive in your area? Check out the Cars Connected app today!


    Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

  8. #53
    Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    333
    I really hope yoo’re Right. I cannot wait for a sporty Continental. Even Genesis has a sport model!

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    I really hope yoo’re Right. I cannot wait for a sporty Continental. Even Genesis has a sport model!
    Well, there's no sporty Genesis G90. There's a G80 Sport which would compare to Lincoln's MKZ. I wouldn't expect a sporty Continental. Most brands don't have something like that and those who do hardly sell any of them (and they're extremely expensive)...
    Want to be connected with everything automotive in your area? Check out the Cars Connected app today!


    Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

  10. #55
    Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    Well, there's no sporty Genesis G90. There's a G80 Sport which would compare to Lincoln's MKZ. I wouldn't expect a sporty Continental. Most brands don't have something like that and those who do hardly sell any of them (and they're extremely expensive)...
    But don’t you think it would be just an additional jewel to have around? I have never seen any TV or internet commercial for a CTS-V but it does exist. Possibly it would attract a younger crowd to check the Lincoln brand?

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    But don’t you think it would be just an additional jewel to have around? I have never seen any TV or internet commercial for a CTS-V but it does exist. Possibly it would attract a younger crowd to check the Lincoln brand?
    100% it's needed. The MKZ isn't enough as it stands. Lincoln will need a higher performance car than the 400hp MKZ if they want to attract "V-Series" attention. What I'm saying is - don't expect it in a Continental. There's not going to be a V-Series type high performance "full-size" Lincoln any time soon...
    Want to be connected with everything automotive in your area? Check out the Cars Connected app today!


    Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

  12. #57
    Been back in Central Florida for a while now. Drove to Ocala and Orlando/Winter Park, plus various places here in Lake County. Still have not seen a Continental. None. Not even the one that I used to see at Golden Corral once in a while before I went up to WNY. When I was in WNY, did not see any.

    Sal; With you living in the WPB area, you may see some, but then in PB, you see a lot of "Luxury Cars".
    BTW, on how many sites are you the moderator? I see you all over. ��

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    16
    I could have ordered another (new) 2017 Continental yesterday and had it delivered today. I chose instead to purchase another 2014 Equus with 29,000 miles.
    I will never buy another Continental in it's current clothing.

  14. #59
    L8RSK8R

    What ever 2017 lincolns that are left do not have the bells and whistles (ie HUD).
    What is your issues with the continental? I have driven the 2017 loaded and they are great. If you ever owned a lincoln before this car reminds you of them. They are made big to ride smooth and lots of comfort.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    9
    Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by L8RSK8R View Post
    I could have ordered another (new) 2017 Continental yesterday and had it delivered today. I chose instead to purchase another 2014 Equus with 29,000 miles.
    I will never buy another Continental in it's current clothing.
    Congratulations !!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •