lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: 2017 MKC Navigation Maps
    klarowe is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 MKC

2017 MKC Navigation Maps

Remove this ad
    My wife and I just started a lease on a 2017 MKC. So far we absolutely love the car, but the navigation seems to be out of date. I am having a heck of a time finding out if there is a navigation update for it. The dealership says the map version is the latest version available but roads that have been around since 2015 aren't showing up.

Can anyone help me find out how I can see what map version I have and what the most up to date version is? I'm trying to get this resolved as quickly as possible so the dealership will foot the bill while it's still a fresh purchase and I won't be stuck paying for a map update in a few months.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Forget about it! Map updates from Ford/Lincoln are always years out of date! I updated my '11 in '16---biggest mistake!
    For wherever your Nav has no idea, use your cell phone.
    '11 MKT 3.5 EcoBoost AWD; '14 Jeep Cherokee Ltd. V6 AWD
    '00 Regal 29' Commodore twin 4.3L

Navigation maps are on an SD card. On my MKS, it's located in the center console. Latest update is A7. They are a little behind the times.

klarowe is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 MKC
    I tried looking for an SD card slot but was not able to find one. In the front of my console is just a 12v plug and 2 usb plugs. I think the 2017's got rid of the sd card and just use usb as far as I'm aware (but I could be wrong).

If you have an SD slot, it would likely be inside the center storage/arm rest.
    '11 MKT 3.5 EcoBoost AWD; '14 Jeep Cherokee Ltd. V6 AWD
    '00 Regal 29' Commodore twin 4.3L

mark95man is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2014 Navigator & MKZ Hybrid, 07 TC Designer, 96 TC, 79 MARK V Cartier, 75+ 69-71 Lincoln MARK IIIs
    Our then new 2014 Navigator & MKZH could not find a Hospital built several years before. Our Garmin found it without a problem. As for the yearly costly updates--the issuer has NO IDEA what was updated. Therefore, we would never purchase an unknown update. Our Garmin yearly updates are FREE. When we travel into an unfamiliar area, Garmin gets us there!

I also have a Garmin with lifetime updates and traffic for my other vehicles and rentals, but you can't beat the convenience of having nav when you need it unexpectedly.

mark95man is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2014 Navigator & MKZ Hybrid, 07 TC Designer, 96 TC, 79 MARK V Cartier, 75+ 69-71 Lincoln MARK IIIs
    Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Boltz View Post
    I also have a Garmin with lifetime updates and traffic for my other vehicles and rentals, but you can't beat the convenience of having nav when you need it unexpectedly.
    YES, but if the maps are out of date, what good is it? Example: When you have two new vehicles that can't locate a 6 year old Hospital--what good is it? At the same time, our Garmin found it without any B.S. The yearly updates are $150 each vehicle while the Garmin is the same cost, $150, BUT with free updates. I did call Lincoln when these vehicles were new. They said we had the latest maps + had no idea what updates contained. Unless Vehicle manufacturers stop using navigation systems as $$$ makers for a useless yearly update, NO THANKS!