lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: How to find what options I have?
    FuzzelFox is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2007 Lincoln MKZ, 1995 Town Car Signature

Question How to find what options I have?

Remove this ad
    I just bought myself a 2007 MKZ with 120k miles. I am definitely in love with this car especially since the first owner apparently bought a lot of options like the maple wood dark charcoal interior, navigation, THX sound system, chrome wheels, sunroof, ventilated/heated seats, and HID headlights.

So, because it has these and I believe it lived around New England for a while I'm curious if it has things like the block heater, remote start and window FOB controls. I tried holding the unlock key and it didn't do anything so I'm curious if there's another way to do it? As for the remote start it didn't come with the remote start fob so I'm wondering if there's a way to tell on the car itself. I mean it didn't even come with the floor mats or manual so I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't get the fob it had. And if not, I can buy one for $10 to try it out but how would I program it? Googling seems to only give me newer models (like 2010+) and the MKS which is unhelpful.

Look for "VIN Decoder" in the masthead of this forum.

SteveB_TX is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2013 MKZ Hybrid
    Go to the Ford ETIS website and put in your VIN under the VEHICLE tab. It should bring up everything about your vehicle.

FuzzelFox is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2007 Lincoln MKZ, 1995 Town Car Signature
    I'll have to check when I get home! I've only ever been directed to the Ford Fleet website which used to have a VIN decoder available to the public but now you have to go through the process of becoming a certified Ford technician or some nonsense just to use it.

Alright so I finally have a list from the Ford ETIS site! I remember why I didn't use the decoder here too, it only works from model years 2006 and up which my Town Car didn't fall into so I forgot about it. Also it says my "window sticker has been moved" so it doesn't actually work for this MKZ either.

So it says I've got the remote power windows, anyone know how those work on these? I tried the press unlock then press and hold unlock method and it doesn't do anything.

SteveB_TX is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2013 MKZ Hybrid
    Since I have a 2013 Z, and not an '07, I am not an authority on your new ride. I do know that on the '13, there is an option via the steering wheel controls in settings to enable or disable the remote window option. Again, I don't know how to control those settings on a 2007, but I would think it should be similar. Good luck.

Remove this ad
    I've looked through that menu and didn't notice it but I'll definitely double check. I'm curious if that means I don't have it truly or if it could be under some hidden diagnostics menu. My 95 Town Car and my mother's 04 Aviator both have hidden diagnostics in the EATC so I'm curious what the MKZ has with it's big Nav/THX display and it's smaller Message Center. There's gotta be something there.. (I did see something about holding 3 and 6 on the Nav that I'm gonna try later)