lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Rear Badges on my Continental
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental

Rear Badges on my Continental

Remove this ad
    Just added for better or worse an addition on the rear of my Continental. I felt it needed something on the rear to show that it was a Continental. The emblems on the side are great but from behind there is just the Lincoln name. At a shopping center parking lot you approach from the back and do not see a name tag like on other vehicles. I've been asked several times which Lincoln is it. So I added some minor badging to it. I welcome comments.
    IMG_0493.jpgIMG_0220.jpg

Very classy! I like it.
    '11 MKT 3.5 EcoBoost AWD; '14 Jeep Cherokee Ltd. V6 AWD
    '00 Regal 29' Commodore twin 4.3L

Quote Originally Posted by SGilbert View Post
    Very classy! I like it.
    Thanks! I had the work done by a professional painter at a Mercedes dealership. I got it done there because I had stopped in to see the General Service Administrator for the combined dealerships and he ( a friend) and a tech suggested I get it painted on. The administrator said I could do it there and they would make room .I can't wait to let the Lincoln dealer see it next week. The Mercedes employees were great and advised where to place the word and then suggested the Lincoln Star on the other side.Maybe it will catch on!

SouthernProducer is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    Well done!

Well, next week the Lincoln rep from the area will be visiting my dealer. I gave the new car manager the pictures. He is going to show them to the Lincoln district rep. I can't wait to hear his opinion on the rear badges.

Not bad. It looks better than I thought it would. I wish the script Continental lettering was thicker - to be even more pronounced...
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    Not bad. It looks better than I thought it would. I wish the script Continental lettering was thicker - to be even more pronounced...
    I thought about making it more prominent but I was not sure if it would become too much. One comment I got was that the script should have been italic letters.
    It is subtle but there.
    I almost bought a script from a 1974 Conti but some techs said thst it would look dated on a 2017. Maybe Lincoln will re-think the rear badges.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    I thought about making it more prominent but I was not sure if it would become too much. One comment I got was that the script should have been italic letters.
    It is subtle but there.
    I almost bought a script from a 1974 Conti but some techs said thst it would look dated on a 2017. Maybe Lincoln will re-think the rear badges.
    They must have a reason for not having Continental badging on the rear. Perhaps they want to be mysterious.
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    They must have a reason for not having Continental badging on the rear. Perhaps they want to be mysterious.
    Maybe you are right! When I looked at the concept Navigator the rear shows no badging that is evident.

Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    Maybe you are right! When I looked at the concept Navigator the rear shows no badging that is evident.
    Strange from a marketing perspective but there must be SOMETHING to it...