Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Rear Badges on my Continental
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    Remove this ad
    If in conversation I would say I drive a Cadillac, would you not want to know which model? If you said thst you drive a Ford , that opens a large door of models and styles. Would I be curious enough to ask which model? If you originally said a Ford Fiesta , I now have an image of the car and its styling.
    In my days at the drag strip , it was very common to give the brand and model right away. Some cars however had a recognition on their own such as a Starliner or a Sunliner . But a Mercury was not enough. It had to be said as a Mercury Comet and then further as a Cyclone model, a Corvette was a Stingray, etc. later described by its engine, trans and even HP. Maybe I was among a different breed of car enthusiasts that need to know more info about your ride!
    The original Cadillac V owners actually removed the letters CTS from the rear facsia to distinguish it from the regular CTS but only left the "V" symbol there. They did it to make their cars stand out from the ordinary CTS. I am sure thst they also referred to their cars as a "Cadillac V" when asked about their ride. It was new and different.
    All you need to say now is I have a "Hellcat " , no need to give brand name.
    How many of the average driver today know what a Continental is or was like?

IMO, "I drive a 2017 Continental" should suffice. IMO. Lincoln, if pressed further.

Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone View Post
    IMO, "I drive a 2017 Continental" should suffice. IMO. Lincoln, if pressed further.
    I agree 100%