lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Rear Badges on my Continental
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Remove this ad
    That is a cool looking custom addition. I actually like that there isn't a rear emblem, so I don't have to debadge it

Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthman View Post
    That is a cool looking custom addition. I actually like that there isn't a rear emblem, so I don't have to debadge it
    Why would you want to de-badge it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    Why would you want to de-badge it?
    Sometimes I debadge it so that the rear looks cleaner....its just personal preference.

What is your current drive (car)? Do you have. 2017 Continental?

What is your current drive (car)? Do you have. 2017 Continental?
    I don't have a 17 Conti yet. I saw one in person at Auto Show last weekend - it looked great in person. I used to have a 95 Conti and loved it. I am a car fanatic and have, as my wife tells me, too many cars ...but my daily driver is a 2012 Mercedes CLS550.

Took my car to the dealer to get it washed and when the service advisor came to get it , I asked what he thought of the rear look. He studied it for a while and said he could see no damage. I said there was no damage but an addition was made. He asked where? I couldn't believe he did not notice the badging. I told him that the word and star were added to the car. He said that he thought they were always there and did not think of looking for that at all. He said that he expected cars to have badges on the rear and thought it looked good. Oh, well!

Does anyone have a comment on my rear badges on the Conti? Waiting to hear , good or bad!

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    Does anyone have a comment on my rear badges on the Conti? Waiting to hear , good or bad!
    I like the look and very professional appearance. It could have been a stock feature like on my Town Car.

Someone commented to me the rear badges are disappearing on cars. They have mostly left the sides of the cars , so in traffic if you are not familiar with the brand you have no idea what it is. I think the car manufacturers saved money by not putting them on but I feel it leaves a void.
    Lincoln did add the side badge to the Conti and I think it is slick. I think Americans are proud of their car choice and want to show it. If Europeans want to delete rear badges (such as Mercedes) then it should stay in Eurooe.

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    Remove this ad
    Perhaps the idea is to drum up showroom traffic from people seeing the attractive Lincoln but wanting to know the model, so they satisfy their curiosity at the showroom floor. Mercedes and BMW still show their brand logo and model alphabet on the rear, so I don't think it is going away as much as Lincoln selecting the path less travelled.