Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Placed My Order For A 2017 Continental
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SouthernProducer is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental

Thumbs Up Placed My Order For A 2017 Continental

Remove this ad
    This is my first post to the forum and thought I would start with my new Continental order that was placed with my dealer a week ago. I was told to expect delivery sometime in February. My wife and I demo'd a 2017 Continental and was really impressed with the power and comfort of this car when compared to our experience with what Cadillac was currently offering. In this class of vehicle, we enjoy a full size car (not an SUV) that was capable of covering 500 to 600 miles per day without experiencing the general fatigue usually associated with mid-size cars or large SUV's. We've had those, and they just don't work for us. We have a history of buying or leasing DeVilles and the last one was a DTS that was very reliable and comfortable on long trips. So, that was the "target" for which we would measure a new offering. Since then, we have waited for a domestic large sedan that met our criteria and believe the new Continental will be the answer.

Here is what we ordered....a Black Select with the Comfort package and 2.7 V6. Of course, we had to order it as all the area dealers that had a Select on the lot was loaded with options we just didn't want...especially the moon roof (we always avoid those). If I want a topless ride, we take our 1999 Corvette out for a run. Anyway, we hope we don't have to wait too long for the new Continental.

Ironically, my father had one of the last Mark's. So, I guess I'm carrying on with a family tradition!

Welcome! Keep us updated.
    '11 MKT 3.5 EcoBoost AWD; '14 Jeep Cherokee Ltd. V6 AWD
    '00 Regal 29' Commodore twin 4.3L

Welcome! It always feels extra special to have a car that was built specifically for you. Did you consider the CT6? I'm curious to know what your thoughts are on it in relation to the Continental.
    1989 Chrysler LeBaron 68,000 miles
    2013 Ford Taurus 51,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
    Welcome! It always feels extra special to have a car that was built specifically for you. Did you consider the CT6? I'm curious to know what your thoughts are on it in relation to the Continental.
    Thanks for the welcome. I did consider the CT6, but did not like the overall demo experience...it seemed underpowered, handling/steering was not as good as the Continental and the fit/finish along with the infotainment system was "horrible". Another vote against the CT6 involves the dealer network; my closest Cadillac dealer is also a Chevy dealer that has minimal Cadillac inventory and had virtually little knowledge about the CT6! I had previously abandoned this dealer because of horrible customer service for my Silverado which I eventually traded for an F150. The best Cadillac dealer in my region is over an hour away, but I made the trip anyway to do a fair comparison to the Continental. I know my assessment "disagrees" with the popular motor magazine reviews, but that's how I ended up comparing the two brands. BTW...my Ford/Lincoln dealer has been great with both sales and service on my Ford (cars and business trucks) and Mercury vehicles. I gave them my business when deciding to place an order for the Continental.

Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    Congratulations! Hope your wait is not too long. I have fun showing off my car and noticing the glances it gets in traffic. The trunk opening and closing is what fascinates me the most. I've only begun to experience the car as I now have put about 200 miles on it. I'm learning something new everyday.
    Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    Congratulations! Hope your wait is not too long. I have fun showing off my car and noticing the glances it gets in traffic. The trunk opening and closing is what fascinates me the most. I've only begun to experience the car as I now have put about 200 miles on it. I'm learning something new everyday.
    Welcome!
    Thanks for the welcome, Pasadena Lady. Keep us posted on your experience with the Continental as you add more miles.

Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. I'm glad you found us! I'm a little late to this party...

I'm surprised you feel the Continental handles and steers better than the Cadillac CT6. I haven't driven either but so many people say the CT6 is a driver's car. I'm expecting the Continental to be the car for the luxury owner who prefers things like smooth cruising, a quiet, relaxing atmosphere and creature comforts galore. I think both Lincoln and Cadillac each hit one out of the park with these two cars. But I think Lincoln is going to steal the show with the Continental once it's out and about. I still haven't seen one on the road. I'm seeing more and more MKZs with the new front-end design.

Anyway, congratulations on your Continental! I'd be going crazy until February if I were you.
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. I'm glad you found us! I'm a little late to this party...

I'm surprised you feel the Continental handles and steers better than the Cadillac CT6. I haven't driven either but so many people say the CT6 is a driver's car. I'm expecting the Continental to be the car for the luxury owner who prefers things like smooth cruising, a quiet, relaxing atmosphere and creature comforts galore. I think both Lincoln and Cadillac each hit one out of the park with these two cars. But I think Lincoln is going to steal the show with the Continental once it's out and about. I still haven't seen one on the road. I'm seeing more and more MKZs with the new front-end design.

Anyway, congratulations on your Continental! I'd be going crazy until February if I were you.
    Thanks for the Welcome, Sal. I have to admit that I was a bit surprised that the Caddy didn't handle as well as I'd expected. Maybe it was just the demo unit I tried? Anyway, I think that the Continental will serve the long range travel plans just fine, and I just can't over emphasize the importance of having a good dealer to service the car, and that was an important consideration for me. When I lived in N.E. Ohio (before retiring to the S.E.), the Caddies I drove were great...especially in the heavy snows that we frequently had to move through. Interestingly, the more popular Euro brands were available and I would always check them out when it came time to change cars (they didn't last that long in that part of the country...at least cosmetically), except for the Volvo's which my wife drove at the time, they just didn't work out well in the winter test drives...note: The City of Cleveland would "never" move snow out of downtown where I worked in the financial district, and that was the ultimate test for unabated transportation.

BTW...it is going to be tough waiting for the new car to arrive...but at my age, I hate to wish time away.

I ordered one Dec 31st, they delivered it Jan 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by L8RSK8R View Post
    I ordered one Dec 31st, they delivered it Jan 5th.
    WOW! That was fast. So you live next door to the factory?
    '11 MKT 3.5 EcoBoost AWD; '14 Jeep Cherokee Ltd. V6 AWD
    '00 Regal 29' Commodore twin 4.3L

When I need/want a new car, I call South Bay Ford in Los Angeles.
    They deliver the vehicle with paper work filled in. I hand over a down payment check & they then mail out the license plates.

P.S I'm buying livery model vehicles.

I bought this Continental several months ago. 1971 almost 60K miles.

SouthernProducer..... .......Have not heard back for awhile . Did you hear any more about the car arrival date? Can't wait to hear how you enjoy the ride. Or did you already get your car and are having too much enjoyment driving the Conti to get back on the forum? Don't forget to get pictures so all can see it!

After placing my order last December, I FINALLY learned that my Continental is scheduled to be built on March 1st. I should see it soon.

I am trying to figure out why it took so long to get your car built. What options did you order?
    I thought that the Lincoln Continentals were being sent out rather quickly now. After dealer stock orders were enroute then the switch was to customer orders.

Jeez. My patience would be screaming. They say good things come to those who wait...
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernProducer View Post
    After placing my order last December, I FINALLY learned that my Continental is scheduled to be built on March 1st. I should see it soon.
    Any word yet??????

Well...the Continental finally showed up Thursday and was able to pick it up that afternoon. Other commitments prevented any long drives, so my wife drove it home from the dealership. I got a short drive the next day and really enjoyed the car's features, handling and power of the 2.7L engine. I'll post a photo as soon as I can get it off my wife's phone...

All driving stopped abruptly after I returned home as I found the right front tire going flat...the car only had 43.3 miles registered on the odometer. So, I called the dealer and told them I was going to bring the tire in for their evaluation as I didn't want to go through the task of mounting the spare (the dealer is 10 miles from my home). The tires are Michelin Primacy MXM4's and after removing it from the car, I threw it in my F150 for the short trip to the dealer. Of course, the puncture was on the edge of the tread and sidewall which is a questionable area for patching/plugging. I made the decision to have the tire replaced and the dealer agreed it was the best decision given my plans to make a trip to through the Southwest later in the year.

The story doesn't end there...it turns out those Michelin's are Limited Availability in the size used on the Continental. So, I called Michelin yesterday and chatted with a CSR about the issue. I was reminded that the tires do NOT have a hazard warranty when delivered by Lincoln, but since I was a Loyal Michelin customer (I buy their tires for my business and recreational vehicles), they would consider offering a warranty credit. That required a second call to their warranty assistance representative (I had to brush up on my Hindi)...long-story-short, they agreed to replace the tire for free and agreed to ship one to my dealer given the supply shortage. I hope to get the car back on the road this week. At this point, I hope there is no more drama associated with my ownership experience!

Hope everything gets better for you. Sorry to hear about the tire problem. Glad to know about the availability of the tires. I'm checking my local supplier for stock , better know in advance.
    Still waiting for pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    Hope everything gets better for you. Sorry to hear about the tire problem. Glad to know about the availability of the tires. I'm checking my local supplier for stock , better know in advance.
    Still waiting for pics.
    I pulled the pic's of new Continental off my wife's iPhone and have to advise that the rear photo shows the ugly dealer sticker placed which has been removed. I can't believe their PDI guy put a white sticker on our black car (yes, I told the dealership owner about that!). Enjoy...
    Continental1.jpgContinental2.jpg

Great! Now get your pics on the Sticky! Another black Conti! Post your pictures there .
    Looks like you got the cashmere interior. What size wheels did you choose? Is it a Select or a Reserve? I also noticed there is no sun roof .

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernProducer View Post
    I pulled the pic's of new Continental off my wife's iPhone and have to advise that the rear photo shows the ugly dealer sticker placed which has been removed. I can't believe their PDI guy put a white sticker on our black car (yes, I told the dealership owner about that!). Enjoy...
    Continental1.jpgContinental2.jpg
    Wow! It looks awesome! My goodness - that white sticker. For goodness sake at the very most a plate frame but not an ugly bright white sticker on your beautiful black Continental...

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    Ordered my 2017 Continental Reserve on 16 March 2017, white platinum with cappuccino interior. Canadian models come with AWD and winter/climate packages. No moon roof or other packages. Couldn't find a Continental that was not highly optioned so have to wait.

Sold my 2007 Town Car on 20 March 2017.

Congrats on your Continental! Did they give you an expected delivery date?

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    Remove this ad
    No not yet. Lincoln will let my dealer know when a VIN has been assigned, the production date and delivery schedule (rail to Montreal) and transport to my dealer. This seems to take a little over a week.