Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Placed My Order For A 2017 Continental
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Town View Post
    Ordered my 2017 Continental Reserve on 16 March 2017, white platinum with cappuccino interior. Canadian models come with AWD and winter/climate packages. No moon roof or other packages. Couldn't find a Continental that was not highly optioned so have to wait.

Sold my 2007 Town Car on 20 March 2017.
    Congrats! Glad to have you back, by the way. Your technical posts are invaluable.
    1989 Chrysler LeBaron 68,000 miles
    2013 Ford Taurus 51,000 miles

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    My VIN has been assigned and the parts to build it will be manufactured next week (week of 10 April). So 3 weeks from order date to today. No assembly date or delivery date yet.

My VIN has been assigned and the parts to build it will be manufactured next week (week of 10 April). So 3 weeks from order date to today. No assembly date or delivery date yet.
    Well, at least things are moving along. Slowly, but surely...
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    Well, at least things are moving along. Slowly, but surely...
    Well things did not move along so well. The production date became week of 1 June 2017 and delivery to the dealer became week of 24 June 2017. Thought it over and talked to my dealer so I will be getting another 2017 Continental, but with additional equipment of Moonroof and Tech packages. Otherwise the same 2.7 liter AWD Reserve in White Platinum exterior and Cappuccino interior (has dark brown wood and dark brown leather to compliment the light coloured leather main areas). Delivery is expected tomorrow, Thursday 27 April 2017. It has 82 kilometers on the odometer. It is magnificent inside and out. The 19" wheels shod with 255/45R19 Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires are even more comfy that the 20" Goodyear shod demo that I drove back in early March.

I cannot wait until tomorrow.

Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    Congrats!
    How did you find this one? Was it on the dealer lot? What about the recall on the airbag problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    Congrats!
    How did you find this one? Was it on the dealer lot? What about the recall on the airbag problem?
    My dealer did not have any drive-able Continentals due to recall so he bought one from another local dealer with 82 kilometers and not now covered by recall. I saw it last Sunday when dealership was closed and found out on Monday that my ordered car would take another 2 months for delivery. Started thinking about cancelling my order and going with this one. It has the moonroof and tech package so more money, but it is the right colour (white) and interior (cappuccino) so decided with my wife to go for it. My dealer had no problem with the swap and that was yesterday (Wednesday), so agreed a price and expect to pick it up today if everything goes well.

Oh, man! All's well that ends well. I can't wait to see what you write about the drive home.
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.

Hi TOWN! Hope your new car puts a big grin on your face! Looking fwd to hearing your thoughts now that you're an owner of the new Continental.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    Oh, man! All's well that ends well. I can't wait to see what you write about the drive home.
    Yes Sal, very pleased with my new car. I set the driver seat and stored in memory which was surprisingly easy and very comfortable with the 24 way seats. The drive home is only 5 kilometers and that was enough after spending most of the afternoon with the salesman showing me the ropes. I thought it had the engine stop feature at red lights so I wanted it turned off but the Continental does not have this, perhaps because of the turbo. More to learn Friday morning when we do the park assist features. Everything is working as expected except for a fan noise coming from the rear parcel shelf. Neither the salesman or I have seen anything on this, assume it is an extractor fan but will have to research it.

The ride is fabulous in Comfort mode in Drive, the S trans button is set to Normal mode. Visibility is excellent through all windows and the rear window is not restricted by headrests which are power folded down. Hardly touched the throttle and was up to merging speed on freeway. Engaged the cruise that tracks the car in front and it worked surprisingly well. The car in front exited and my speed picked up gradually to be the exact right distance from next car in front. Nice handling on the sweeping exit curve and easy acceleration up the steep hill to the ridge. Stopping and starting are so smooth and brake modulation is effortless, the car just slows at the right pace for me. Excellent vision in reverse but the parking camera is easy to follow, and there is an overhead shot to make entering my garage even easier, so I just watched the screen. The camera technology is much more useful (better) than I expected.

I guess it will be this weekend to put some mileage on.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone View Post
    Hi TOWN! Hope your new car puts a big grin on your face! Looking fwd to hearing your thoughts now that you're an owner of the new Continental.
    Thanks and my grin is huge, such a nice car in every way.

Slick Fan is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2003 TC Signature, 1977 TC, 2003 Aviator
    That's great Town, you have a new toy in your garage!

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Fan View Post
    That's great Town, you have a new toy in your garage!
    Yes, and on the road too. There are so many things to learn and keep track of. The ambient lighting is nice, not distracting but the cabin is not in darkness. Headlamps are the HID type and they light the road well, too much traffic for the automatic high beams to light but 80 kph (50 mph) is fine for the dipped beam reach. Adaptive cruise is nice and keeps a good distance for people to cut in front without any problem at all. Approaching a traffic light with cars just moving off and the cruise control braked my car and I wasn't expecting it. Lots to learn with this car.

Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernProducer View Post
    I pulled the pic's of new Continental off my wife's iPhone and have to advise that the rear photo shows the ugly dealer sticker placed which has been removed. I can't believe their PDI guy put a white sticker on our black car (yes, I told the dealership owner about that!). Enjoy...
    Attachment 4768Attachment 4769
    Haven't posted your pictures on the sticky yet. How is the car doing? Are you enjoying the ride? Been too silent since you posted last. Waiting to hear from you!

Remove this ad
    Yes Sal, very pleased with my new car. I set the driver seat and stored in memory which was surprisingly easy and very comfortable with the 24 way seats. The drive home is only 5 kilometers and that was enough after spending most of the afternoon with the salesman showing me the ropes. I thought it had the engine stop feature at red lights so I wanted it turned off but the Continental does not have this, perhaps because of the turbo. More to learn Friday morning when we do the park assist features. Everything is working as expected except for a fan noise coming from the rear parcel shelf. Neither the salesman or I have seen anything on this, assume it is an extractor fan but will have to research it.

The ride is fabulous in Comfort mode in Drive, the S trans button is set to Normal mode. Visibility is excellent through all windows and the rear window is not restricted by headrests which are power folded down. Hardly touched the throttle and was up to merging speed on freeway. Engaged the cruise that tracks the car in front and it worked surprisingly well. The car in front exited and my speed picked up gradually to be the exact right distance from next car in front. Nice handling on the sweeping exit curve and easy acceleration up the steep hill to the ridge. Stopping and starting are so smooth and brake modulation is effortless, the car just slows at the right pace for me. Excellent vision in reverse but the parking camera is easy to follow, and there is an overhead shot to make entering my garage even easier, so I just watched the screen. The camera technology is much more useful (better) than I expected.

I guess it will be this weekend to put some mileage on.
    Wow, it sounds really awesome. It's exactly what Lincoln owners have been looking for since the Town Car was canceled. I kinda wonder if we'll start seeing Continental limousines... In any event, I can't wait to get in one of these and see what it's like...