lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Placed My Order For A 2017 Continental
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Remove this ad
    When I need/want a new car, I call South Bay Ford in Los Angeles.
    They deliver the vehicle with paper work filled in. I hand over a down payment check & they then mail out the license plates.

P.S I'm buying livery model vehicles.

I bought this Continental several months ago. 1971 almost 60K miles.

Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    SouthernProducer..... .......Have not heard back for awhile . Did you hear any more about the car arrival date? Can't wait to hear how you enjoy the ride. Or did you already get your car and are having too much enjoyment driving the Conti to get back on the forum? Don't forget to get pictures so all can see it!

SouthernProducer is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    After placing my order last December, I FINALLY learned that my Continental is scheduled to be built on March 1st. I should see it soon.

I am trying to figure out why it took so long to get your car built. What options did you order?
    I thought that the Lincoln Continentals were being sent out rather quickly now. After dealer stock orders were enroute then the switch was to customer orders.

Jeez. My patience would be screaming. They say good things come to those who wait...
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernProducer View Post
    After placing my order last December, I FINALLY learned that my Continental is scheduled to be built on March 1st. I should see it soon.
    Any word yet??????

Well...the Continental finally showed up Thursday and was able to pick it up that afternoon. Other commitments prevented any long drives, so my wife drove it home from the dealership. I got a short drive the next day and really enjoyed the car's features, handling and power of the 2.7L engine. I'll post a photo as soon as I can get it off my wife's phone...

All driving stopped abruptly after I returned home as I found the right front tire going flat...the car only had 43.3 miles registered on the odometer. So, I called the dealer and told them I was going to bring the tire in for their evaluation as I didn't want to go through the task of mounting the spare (the dealer is 10 miles from my home). The tires are Michelin Primacy MXM4's and after removing it from the car, I threw it in my F150 for the short trip to the dealer. Of course, the puncture was on the edge of the tread and sidewall which is a questionable area for patching/plugging. I made the decision to have the tire replaced and the dealer agreed it was the best decision given my plans to make a trip to through the Southwest later in the year.

The story doesn't end there...it turns out those Michelin's are Limited Availability in the size used on the Continental. So, I called Michelin yesterday and chatted with a CSR about the issue. I was reminded that the tires do NOT have a hazard warranty when delivered by Lincoln, but since I was a Loyal Michelin customer (I buy their tires for my business and recreational vehicles), they would consider offering a warranty credit. That required a second call to their warranty assistance representative (I had to brush up on my Hindi)...long-story-short, they agreed to replace the tire for free and agreed to ship one to my dealer given the supply shortage. I hope to get the car back on the road this week. At this point, I hope there is no more drama associated with my ownership experience!

Hope everything gets better for you. Sorry to hear about the tire problem. Glad to know about the availability of the tires. I'm checking my local supplier for stock , better know in advance.
    Still waiting for pics.

Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    Hope everything gets better for you. Sorry to hear about the tire problem. Glad to know about the availability of the tires. I'm checking my local supplier for stock , better know in advance.
    Still waiting for pics.
    I pulled the pic's of new Continental off my wife's iPhone and have to advise that the rear photo shows the ugly dealer sticker placed which has been removed. I can't believe their PDI guy put a white sticker on our black car (yes, I told the dealership owner about that!). Enjoy...
    Continental1.jpgContinental2.jpg