lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: MKS Tail lights

Thread: MKS Tail lights

MKS Tail lights

Remove this ad
    Hi guys I started having intermittent rear Tail light problems a couple months ago. The problem started getting worse and I took it the dealer thinking no big deal it's probably a loose connector or something. I dropped it off at the dealer, took the free loaner thinking no big deal. 2 days later I called the dealer and they told me they need a video of the malfunction in order for Lincoln to okay the warranty replacement(struck me as odd). I'm trying to make a long story short here so please bear with me.
    The dealer was only able to get a video of the passenger side light malfunctioning and they ordered it(doesn't really help me because they both do it). I picked up the car for the weekend and managed to get a video of the driver side light malfunctioning, emailed it to service manager who told me that would work and would order the Drivers side light. The passenger light came in last week but I am still waiting on the Driver side light.
    This has been a 3 week process and I'm starting to become frustrated. Should I risk alienating the dealership and go over their head and contact Lincoln or wait it out and find a different dealer for future service.

2014 Mks AWD
    23k miles
    purchased cpo in late 2015

driller is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2016 Navigator, 2006 Designer Series Town Car, '98-'96-'93 Mark VIII's
    I would wait it out but the squeaky wheel theory comes to mind.

Just an update, I let them keep it over the weekend then caled Monday, talked to my service advisor and told him I was going to pick up the car Tuesday regardless whether it was fixed or not. Lo and behold the service manager calls me in the afternoon, the car is fixed they reflashed the body control module and that did the trick. i guess you'd call that the semi-squeaky wheel theory.

driller is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2016 Navigator, 2006 Designer Series Town Car, '98-'96-'93 Mark VIII's
    Remove this ad
    Glad to hear you were taken care of.