lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: MKS is available
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    215

    Talking MKS is available

    Remove this ad
    Just returned my leased 2015 MKS for a 2017 Continental . It will be a great deal for anyone. I had about 5200 miles on it . It is left with almost 3 years of warranty. Black with black interior. Wow!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    199
    I bought a CPO 2013 MKS a few weeks ago. It was a good deal because the MKS doesn't hold resale value very well. Good deal for used buyers; bad for new buyers; no big deal for leasers. I like mine a lot.

  3. #3
    Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    215
    I just was at my dealer and my salesman told me thst they already had an inguiry from a person in Baltimore . He wants more info before he makes the drive to PA to see it in person. It is interesting how car sales gave changed thanks to the internet!

  4. #4
    Rongold's Avatar
    Rongold is offline Member My Lincoln(s): 2014 MKS, 2015 MKS
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Putnam Valley, N.Y.
    Age
    70
    Posts
    53
    We can't check it out if you don't tell us what dealer it is at. What color was it ???

  5. #5
    Grey Ghost is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2014 MKS Ecoboost
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9
    Rusty,

    Like you, the extremely high depreciation on the MKS is why I purchased my used 2014 Ecoboost. I recently read that the first year percentage depreciation on the MKS is worse than just about any other car, except the FIAT 500 wagon. Something like 38% in one year. I wasn't planning on an MKS, but I got my red 2014 with every option, 3.5 years original warranty, CPO and under 10K miles for less than half the original price. No other model car I could find was as heavily optioned, with a pretty good repair reputation.

    I am really enjoying the heated seats and steering wheel this week.

  6. #6
    Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Rongold View Post
    We can't check it out if you don't tell us what dealer it is at. What color was it ???
    It is at Tom Masano Ford Lincoln Reading , PA
    The color us black with ebony interior.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
    Rusty,

    Like you, the extremely high depreciation on the MKS is why I purchased my used 2014 Ecoboost. I recently read that the first year percentage depreciation on the MKS is worse than just about any other car, except the FIAT 500 wagon. Something like 38% in one year. I wasn't planning on an MKS, but I got my red 2014 with every option, 3.5 years original warranty, CPO and under 10K miles for less than half the original price. No other model car I could find was as heavily optioned, with a pretty good repair reputation.

    I am really enjoying the heated seats and steering wheel this week.
    I agree. My 2013 was originally sold just before the 2014s came out, so it's under the extended warranty until July 2019 (or 100k miles, but that won't happen). My research showed it to be very reliable, but I specifically didn't want the ecoboost (direct injection) engine.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    It is at Tom Masano Ford Lincoln Reading , PA
    The color us black with ebony interior.
    The Lincoln I traded in was black. Can't beat it for looks when it's clean, but it's the most difficult to keep clean. I was looking for something that would require less effort.

  9. #9
    Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    215
    My 2015 MKS was Tuxedo Black it is the color that has little sparkle bits in the paint. I did not think it was too hard to keep it clean looking at all. The only problem I saw was it always looked dusty to me. When I got the Continental with black velvet (no sparkles) I noticed that the black was blacker than the MKS. It was like other previous cars test I had. But I know thst this will definitely show the dirt sooner than the MKS did, but I like the look better!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    199
    Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    My 2015 MKS was Tuxedo Black it is the color that has little sparkle bits in the paint. I did not think it was too hard to keep it clean looking at all. The only problem I saw was it always looked dusty to me. When I got the Continental with black velvet (no sparkles) I noticed that the black was blacker than the MKS. It was like other previous cars test I had. But I know thst this will definitely show the dirt sooner than the MKS did, but I like the look better!
    Bingo! I'm more fastidious than most car owners, and that drove me crazy. My new to me MKS is "Crystal Champagne" (off-white pearl). I haven't washed it in a month (haven't had it out in the rain), and it still looks good.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •