lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: My Continental
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: My Continental

Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Town View Post
    You have an excellent dealership to exactly meet your needs on scheduling and timing, I am impressed.

Thanks for the update.
    Around here most dealerships schedule a time an generally do work on that schedule. When my dealer has a problem or they are running late I am advised. It is a rare occurrence.
    I always joke with them thst if I need a loaner because of their delay , I also get a credit card with a high limit from whomever so I can go shopping to spend my time while they finish the work on my cat.
    The first time I said that the advisor came up with an alternate plan to get my car in right away! Guess he didn't want me to go shopping?
    The Ford Lincoln dealer has always been a wonderful place to get service. They are prompt and thorough.they do excellent work!

Just had an interesting thing happen. I was driving home from the store and I put all the windows down. I put up the front windows and then when I put up the rear windows the Nav screen and then the entire screen went black. As I drove the screen clouds came on with the word Continental. It took several more seconds for the nav and the radio to return. However my phone would not connect. When I got home I turned off the car and then restarted it. All returned OK. I don't know what happened or if it will happen again. Maybe it's the heat here?
    Taking it to the dealer will not do any good because it is not happening again. I tried the same thing and nothing happened. So it was once and done or what. Technology does strange things!!!

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD
    It sounds like you turned the engine off and then turned it back on. In your case it seems the Sync3 turned off and then turned back on and should be reported to your dealer even if it is not repeatable for now. Your dealer will have access to the Ford OASIS system that logs problems and escalates the problems to engineering and records solutions. The engineers work on problems with the most dire consequences and the most frequently occurring, so every event helps build a picture. Your dealer can also talk to engineering about a problem and it helps if it is recorded into OASIS.

It sounds like all other systems were working correctly, like windows operation, dash gauges and messages, power steering, and driving along normally, etc.

Good luck.

I mentioned the problem to my husband. He has a Terrain Denali. He said it happened twice to him when he tried to place a call. The screen went black momentarily and then re-booted itself so he could place a call. He thinks it is a problem with the SINC system. Interesting that a similar problem occurred with a Lincoln and a GMC product.
    I need to get my car washed today so when I go to the dealer I will mention it to the service manager and see what he has to say.

Came back with my newly washed Lincoln . Looks great! Plus they even did the mats inside!
    I asked the service director about my occurrence with the screen going black and then returning like it was re-booting. He said the computer controls that and on some timetable does this . I don't know why it did this Shen I was putting up my rear windows but he said it could happen at any time. I really am not sure about this answer!

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD
    The answer does not seem reasonable. It has never happened on my car so far.

The Sync3 will download any new version when it is hooked up to your wi-fi or whatever you set up your phone connection with. That I was expecting to happen at home because I don't use a data connection in the car, so it cannot happen on the road.

How is your phone connected for internet access and was it connected at the time?

Good luck.

My phone is WIFI and it was not connected at the time. When it happens to my husband's Terrain his phone is connected but it seems only to happen when he places a call. Maybe it's a Verizon thing! It has never happened when my phone is connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    My phone is WIFI and it was not connected at the time. When it happens to my husband's Terrain his phone is connected but it seems only to happen when he places a call. Maybe it's a Verizon thing! It has never happened when my phone is connected.
    Well that ends the update theory. The SYNC 3 is based upon the QNX software by BlackBerry and is supposed to simplify the overly complicated first two generations of SYNC using software by Microsoft.

I heard that QNX is a very good company in electronics and software and were taken over by BlackBerry. A little disappointing to hear of reliability issues when the system is so good. Although the Nav maps could be made more up to date.

Good luck with your system and I hope the problem does not return.

Do you think the Nav updates will be free or require a payment? After all, this is a Lincoln Continental.

Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    Do you think the Nav updates will be free or require a payment? After all, this is a Lincoln Continental.
    The updates are listed at $149 for me, so probably cheaper for you. We have the latest update I think since no update offered when I checked. The latest developments in my area are not available but everything else seems to work well for me. No trouble finding a route.

Good luck.