lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: My Continental
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My Continental

Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    I can't wait either! Have you seen any of the new MKZs rolling around yet? I've seen three or four and they do look excellent. I didn't think I was going to like this new front end design but I really, really do...
    I haven't seen any on the streets yet, but they had an old style sitting next to the new one. I still like the old style better lol. The new one looks ok, but it still looks tacked on to me. The gen MKZ will probably look amazing, though! (and be built alongside the Continental)
    1989 Chrysler LeBaron 66,000 miles
    2013 Ford Taurus 46,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
    I haven't seen any on the streets yet, but they had an old style sitting next to the new one. I still like the old style better lol. The new one looks ok, but it still looks tacked on to me. The gen MKZ will probably look amazing, though! (and be built alongside the Continental)
    It's hard to beat the style of the MKZ with the winged-grille front fascia so I know what you mean. I do love the new style but the old one - nothing was wrong with it at all. They finally had that style looking perfect...
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    Just found out that the new Continental is being built in portions. The first ones are for general stock then they will build the ordered vehicles. Then switch back and forth. Apparently they want to be sure that there are vehicles on dealers lots for customers to shop and buy. They are building the Continentals in order of sequence that they were ordered. Dealers can also pre-order cars for stock. My Continental could arrive late October or early November as the best guess from my dealer. They cannot check for or by VIN numbers as yet..

Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    Just found out that the new Continental is being built in portions. The first ones are for general stock then they will build the ordered vehicles. Then switch back and forth. Apparently they want to be sure that there are vehicles on dealers lots for customers to shop and buy. They are building the Continentals in order of sequence that they were ordered. Dealers can also pre-order cars for stock. My Continental could arrive late October or early November as the best guess from my dealer. They cannot check for or by VIN numbers as yet..
    How is your patience holding out? It must be rough waiting... I wonder where the first Continental will be sold...
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.

You're right! I can't wait to see it in person. I'm betting that the first stock cars will be going to the dealers with the highest sales volume. I don't know where I stand in the ordered line. But it's only 3 months to wait. Forget I said that long! Ha..ha!

You're right! I can't wait to see it in person. I'm betting that the first stock cars will be going to the dealers with the highest sales volume. I don't know where I stand in the ordered line. But it's only 3 months to wait. Forget I said that long! Ha..ha!
    Yes, I'm sure only the best Lincoln dealerships will have the honor of showcasing the new Continental! I'm really proud of Lincoln these days. Several years ago my Lincoln dealer closed it's doors and simply moved into Ford's showroom. That kinda pissed me off. But they've recently built a NICE new showroom and I guess that goes to show people are really buying Lincolns again. It's easy to see - just look around on the road. Lincoln is making a great comeback...

Just came back from my dealer. The sales manager said the cars are in the pipeline. On Monday they had a visit from Lincoln bringing them a 2017 Lincoln Continental fir a show and tell. All of the salespersons were asking questions and got a full info fact filled discussion of the features of the car. It was described as where the MKS leaves off the Continental starts. The luxury factor just gets better. It was one of the cars at the Las Vegas show. Out there it was driven and tested. According to my salesperson , they had to replace all four tires after only 3,000 miles were on the car. That's how much fun and driving took place.
    I did get the 2017 Continental brochure from my salesperson. Upon looking through I discovered there is no shifter. Apparently it is a touch screen button on the screen. Also , auto-fold side view mirrors! I am still reading and looking at all of the pictures, 3 engine choices , etc. WOW!

Just came back from my dealer. The sales manager said the cars are in the pipeline. On Monday they had a visit from Lincoln bringing them a 2017 Lincoln Continental fir a show and tell. All of the salespersons were asking questions and got a full info fact filled discussion of the features of the car. It was described as where the MKS leaves off the Continental starts. The luxury factor just gets better. It was one of the cars at the Las Vegas show. Out there it was driven and tested. According to my salesperson , they had to replace all four tires after only 3,000 miles were on the car. That's how much fun and driving took place.
    I did get the 2017 Continental brochure from my salesperson. Upon looking through I discovered there is no shifter. Apparently it is a touch screen button on the screen. Also , auto-fold side view mirrors! I am still reading and looking at all of the pictures, 3 engine choices , etc. WOW!
    Okay, you have me really excited now. Honestly, I want you to scan that entire brochure and post it online. I wonder if that's legal. If not, don't do it. But I'm not holding you to it anyway. That's a lot of work. And again, I'm not sure of the legality. Is there a brochure online yet?

I looked at the brochure and unfortunately it is copyright by Lincoln. Guess I do not want to violate any laws. Sorry!

Remove this ad
    I looked at the brochure and unfortunately it is copyright by Lincoln. Guess I do not want to violate any laws. Sorry!
    I had a feeling. Thanks for checking!