Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Nautilus | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: My Continental
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: My Continental

Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    Remove this ad
    The Jeep SRT has. V8 in it. The 0-60 time is 4.4 sec. interesting enough the MKZ has a 4.4 sec time. My Conti is 0-60 in 5.4 sec. The Jeep Trackhawk is 3.6 sec, but the MSRP starts at $85900. Is the price worth the time difference?
    I am liking the MKZ better. Plus I do not especially want an SUV.

Very good friend of mine just traded his 2017 Lexus in for a new (did not ask if it's a 2017 or 2018)
    Jaguar XJ 3.0, Black with tan interior. Kept his Hellicat which he only drives on special occasions. This is his second Jag in the past year. (He goes through cars like I go through underwear <grin> ). I still like the XF better.

Pasadena Lady; If you like your Continental, either keep it, or trade for another sedan. You sound like a car person, not an SUV or Jeep person b

I have had one SUV in the past and also had pickups. The only reason I went the route of the sedan was “horsepower”. Plus my husband had a SUV and suggested our other vehicle could be a sedan. Every sedan I owned or leased was manual with speed capable. I really thought it was time to go the luxury route but now I am not sure. Yes, I am still looking ...... but HP attracts me!

Just received a $100 gift card from Amazon for completing a car survey! That means so far I got $101 for the surveys. Most just give you a thank you but the last two were giving monetary rewards!
    Still have not seen any great TV commercials for the Continental.
    Guess the gift card was just in time for the holidays. Hopefully everyone is taking time for surveys especially the rewarding ones.

Maybe the surveys have increased because Lincoln is trying to figure out how to stimulate sales of the cars? The surveys are asking a lot of questions about the sales experience and the dealer service experience. Also the latest survey was more psychological, trying to get into the mind of the purchaser and the reasons why they bought the Conti.

I have demonstrated and showed off my car to numerous people that were just looking at my car in parking lots. In fact one man told me that he has told his brother about the new Conti and told him to go check it out. Every time he sees my car in the grocery parking lot , he finds me in the store and says hi. Told me his brother has an older Town Car that he loves but is curious about the new Conti. Maybe another sale?

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    Lincoln must like the way you complete surveys and trust the feedback, to help them improve. I think it must be helping me a lot because everything is just perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Town View Post
    Lincoln must like the way you complete surveys and trust the feedback, to help them improve. I think it must be helping me a lot because everything is just perfect.
    Why thank you, TOWN!

Well it’s snowing here! I thought this could be the time to see what an AWD is capable of?
    However, although there is a lot of snow coming down , there is nothing on the streets or roads. I know how to drive RWD in the snow but ever since I have an AWD, there has not been enough snow to test it out. Since the winter is only beginning I guess i’ll have to just wait. Good thing I did not invest in winter tires!

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    We had 2" a month ago that stayed on the road and froze some overnight. The AWD worked very well with winter tires no slipping or sliding. A Ford edge was having trouble and slid past a red stop light quite easily while driving slowly. All season tires have less winter grip than they used to. Hope your winter stays mild so you can stop in time. There is a lot of winter left.

Good luck.

Although my Continental is FWD, I had two FoMoCo AWD CARS. A 2007 MKZ AWD and a 2010 SHO AWD. Although I MOSTLY live in Florida, I did drive in the cold and snow with each car.

Drove the MKZ AWD in heavy snow in Roswell NM one December a few years ago. Also on the same trip, got into a snowstorm in Jackson MS to Hattiesburg MS while returning to Florida.

Drove the SHO AWD in snow in Rochester NY one March when I was up there for a family emergency.

I believe the system in both these cars is the same system in the Continental AWD.

I had no problems driving in the snow and ice with these AWD cars.

My last experience was with a RWD car and summer only tires in the snow. It was terrorizing to say the least. The only saving feature was the tire pressure , that’s what saved me.
    So I do not feel that good about driving on a snowy road. But I hope you are right. Thanks!

I just finished reading the posts on this forum. I ,too, have had many interesting things happen to my Conti but I remember that I have a 2017 Continental, an early one at that! Things happen to new models especially when they get sold and now used on the roads. I really feel like it is the amount of computers doing the work in the car. Sometimes I become more cautious when parking or backing out of a space. I never trust the car completely.
    I was pulling into my garage the other day and the alert showed that I was getting too close to my husband’s car . It showed on the screen and kept beeping as I pulled up further. All of a sudden the screen showed nothing even though I was getting close up front to our trash containers. The imagine of the car was gone and the screen showed the normal driving screen. No beeps or anything. I knew how far to go and turned the engine off.
    Why did it happen? Another lesson learned!

I have been approached several times recently asking when my lease is up. This was from individuals as well as salespersons from other dealerships. Apparently the Conti will be sought after as a previous owned car. There are people already waiting for used Continentals to hit the used car market.
    I have only 8 months left on my lease. There will be 2 years left on the warranty and fairly low mileage. Any dealer will want it!

Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    ........I was pulling into my garage the other day and the alert showed that I was getting too close to my husband’s car . It showed on the screen and kept beeping as I pulled up further. All of a sudden the screen showed nothing even though I was getting close up front to our trash containers. The imagine of the car was gone and the screen showed the normal driving screen. No beeps or anything. I knew how far to go and turned the engine off.
    Why did it happen? Another lesson learned!
    I have not had that particular problem, but yesterday we were out in a snow storm that dumped a pile of snow. No indications of getting too close to anything, but after brushing off the snow from upper part of car for the return trip I had several instances of the beeping and silhouette of car being too close to something but all that showed up was the outline of the car and no indicators. I think this may be dirty sensors. So I cleaned them all with a windshield washer spray bottle. Time will tell if this was the case.

My dealer said I should be checking in August for a replacement lease car. I have been looking at the 2018 Conti but a friend suggested a Cadillac CT6. I called Cadillac merchandising dept. and asked questions about the 2018 model. The answers were not clear. I asked engine options and HP of each and she struggled to get answers. I thanked her and said I would call my local dealer for more answers and go in person. My local Cadillac dealer still does not have any 2018 CT6 in stock. The sales manager said several weeks til they arrive so I can test drive one. I still have time to decide about my next lease but I want all options checked out.

My dealer said I should be checking in August for a replacement lease car. I have been looking at the 2018 Conti but a friend suggested a Cadillac CT6. I called Cadillac merchandising dept. and asked questions about the 2018 model. The answers were not clear. I asked engine options and HP of each and she struggled to get answers. I thanked her and said I would call my local dealer for more answers and go in person. My local Cadillac dealer still does not have any 2018 CT6 in stock. The sales manager said several weeks til they arrive so I can test drive one. I still have time to decide about my next lease but I want all options checked out.
    I recently had a 2018 Cadillac XTS rental for a week. I was impressed by the quietness; couldn't hear the engine except when starting it, and had to listen closely even then. Not much road noise either. It was a nice car, but my previous experience of owning the brand would keep me from buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Boltz View Post
    I recently had a 2018 Cadillac XTS rental for a week. I was impressed by the quietness; couldn't hear the engine except when starting it, and had to listen closely even then. Not much road noise either. It was a nice car, but my previous experience of owning the brand would keep me from buying one.
    Could you be a bit more specific about your concerns about the brand. How long ago did you own one?
    I wonder if I should rent a car for several days or a week to really experience the car before signing a lease?

Could you be a bit more specific about your concerns about the brand. How long ago did you own one?
    I wonder if I should rent a car for several days or a week to really experience the car before signing a lease?
    Personal Message sent.

Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Boltz View Post
    Personal Message sent.

Thanks for the info!