Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Aviator | Nautilus | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: My Continental
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: My Continental

Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctrcbob View Post
    Hey P-Lady,

Although I'm not presently interested in a Jag;

Been talking to two friends who are very knowledgeable of Jaguars. One has owned many and the other friend owned two. Assuming you are interested in a sedan, not a coupe or SUV, the XJ is the largest and most expensive. (I don't like it). The next one down is the XF. This is my favorite and if I were to buy one, this is the one I'd get. Now they also have the XE. Don't know anything about this one.

Down where Sal lives, you see lots of Jags. (Also RR & Bentleys). I bought my Continental from the Lincoln/Jaguar/Land Rover "stealership" in Marritt Island FL.

Sitting here in my favorite coffee shop, I just saw a Beautiful XF go by. A little earlier, I saw an XJ. Like I said before, I see a few XJ'a around but IMHO, the XF is a better looking car.

Hey, you on this site have me looking at Jag (XF).

Just saw another XJ as I was leaving the downtown area. This XJ has something I've not seen on other XJ's. this one was Gray, but had a Black top. Don't know if it was two-tone or if it had a special sliding Moonroof. (Still like the XF better).

Still not seeing any Continentals.

Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctrcbob View Post
    Just saw another XJ as I was leaving the downtown area. This XJ has something I've not seen on other XJ's. this one was Gray, but had a Black top. Don't know if it was two-tone or if it had a special sliding Moonroof. (Still like the XF better).

Still not seeing any Continentals.

You may be correct. Just went online anD priced out a XF S. Seems to have some good features and does look good. Plus it has a Black Package WOW! But it must compare favorably to the Conti.

They must be giving them (XJ) away. Just saw one that I've never seen before, drive past my Publix.
    Darn you. Now I'm starting to take notice. (But still like the XF better).

I agree the XF does appeal more. But so many option choices , I can’t wait to get to the dealer and see one in person not just online. Like the black package! Check it out on the website. Almost reminds me of the Conti from California that was blacked out. But this XF Black Package option did not have the black wheels which I guess you could add. Looks good without them .

Hey Pasadena Lady,

Are you sure you are not visiting Florida right now? Sitting here in my favorite Coffee Shop right now, I saw a Black on Black Continental just like yours drive by. First one I've seen since returning from up North. <grin>

Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    I agree the XF does appeal more. But so many option choices , I can’t wait to get to the dealer and see one in person not just online. Like the black package! Check it out on the website. Almost reminds me of the Conti from California that was blacked out. But this XF Black Package option did not have the black wheels which I guess you could add. Looks good without them .
    How long are you planning to keep your Continental? There's an all new MKZ that comes out in 2019.
    1989 Chrysler LeBaron 72,000 miles
    2013 Ford Taurus 60,000 miles

My lease on the 2017 is up November 2018 Actually my deal was on October 30 but in order to get $2000 credit it was switched to Nov 14 on paper only. . I already checked with the dealer and the sales manager said I could get out 3 months before. Good timing to get a 2019 maybe. The MKZ sounds interesting also. But so does the XF as well as the Hellcat
    Having a lease makes you change cars more frequently than in the past. I kept cars for up to 7 years before I made the change. Now it’s like car shopping is the thing to do. I really think that I enjoy making the deal , the best deal I can get as well as the lease time and price. I have offered to do deals for friends and family members because I am better at negotiating. I only deal with the sales managers direct. Usually the salesperson just listens! Saved my husband a bundle on the GMC Denali and got him a very low lease price. Sometimes I walk away but generally I win!

zantilley is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve AWD 3.0
    I just traded my 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T+ for a 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve. In my shopping I drove a lot of cars, including a Hellcat; the power of the Hellcat was amazing but it rides more like a sports car than a luxury car. I was fine with that, my wife on the other hand, not so much. Ultimately we compromised between power and luxury and went with the Continental. Most days I'm perfectly happy with my Lincoln but I do occasionally pine for the HP of the Hellcat when I am making my getaway from the office!

Quote Originally Posted by zantilley View Post
    I just traded my 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T+ for a 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve. In my shopping I drove a lot of cars, including a Hellcat; the power of the Hellcat was amazing but it rides more like a sports car than a luxury car. I was fine with that, my wife on the other hand, not so much. Ultimately we compromised between power and luxury and went with the Continental. Most days I'm perfectly happy with my Lincoln but I do occasionally pine for the HP of the Hellcat when I am making my getaway from the office!
    Nice upgrade! I hear you about the Hellcat - that kind of power is intoxicating. There's something about being the king of the streets 99% of the time. But the Continental has something you'll be able to enjoy 100% of the time - pure luxury. And it's no slouch either! Congratulations on your Continental Reserve!
    Want to be connected with everything automotive in your area? Check out the Cars Connected app today!

Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

My choice is getting harder as the months go on. Yes, I love the luxury but there is also the power. Now my husband said I should consider the utility.......Hellcat, Continental, or even a Jeep.
    What to do? Then there is Cadillac!

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD; 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (sold)
    Keep trying them out and a winner will surface. I would add the Jaguar XF (I see a few around here) and they look almost as good as the Continental. Drop the Jeep it is terrible on the road. I drove a Jeep last year and the suspension is just as terrible on the road as it was many years ago. But now they have the worst trans shifter ever; very hard to tell when you have selected Park (or any gear actually) and I was getting neutral, I can see why it sometimes runs away after parked. The Dodge Durango is far superior to the Jeep on the road and the shifter is different and OK.

Good luck.

Just visited a GMC dealer with my husband and he decided to lease a 2018 Terrain Denali. Although his lease on the 2015 Terrain was not up until June , a good lease was negotiated with the sakes director. We pick up the SUV on Monday.
    But the finance manager knew that I liked cars and mentioned he has a 2013 Mustang GT 350 R for sale. As we got talking he heard me earlier talk about Hellcats. He wondered if I knew anything about the Jeeo Cherokee with the 700 HP engine . I think he said it was the Trailhawk. Even Jeep?

Just completed another survey. This one was from JDPowers. I received it in the mail with a dollar bill enclosed. The survey concerned the service dept at dealerships. It continued on with questions about the service advisor. Then it continued on to questions about tires. It was a rather interesting survey and took about 15 minutes. Hopefully if anybody got this one and at least opened it to find the dollar , great! My neighbor said he just throws away the mail and is not interested. I told him he better at least look inside.

driller is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2016 Navigator, 2006 Designer Series Town Car, '98-'96-'93 Mark VIII's
    Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    But the finance manager knew that I liked cars and mentioned he has a 2013 Mustang GT 350 R for sale. As we got talking he heard me earlier talk about Hellcats. He wondered if I knew anything about the Jeeo Cherokee with the 700 HP engine . I think he said it was the Trailhawk. Even Jeep?
    The Jeep "sounds nice" until you realize it's a Jeep wrapped around all that HP.

I am waiting to find a Mustang GT350 R to test ride. I used to hate the 'ride' of Mustangs but the newer ones have come along.