lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Annoyed With Fingerprints!

Annoyed With Fingerprints!

Remove this ad
    Hi all, has anyone figured out how to change the wallpaper on the touch screen to a lighter color? The black background shows every fingerprint. My Caddy has a little lighter bluish background that doesn't seem to show them as much. I tried uploading a picture via usb but it doesn't cover the entire screen.

SteveB_TX is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2013 MKZ Hybrid
    The wallpaper you upload to the MyLincoln Touch needs to be specific dimensions. According to the sync site, your image should be no larger than 800x384 pixels, and less than 1.5mb. I solved the finger print issue by getting a stylus at Sam's Club. Once I got used to grabbing the stylus to make changes on the screen, it became second nature to use it, and saved the screen from tons of nasty finger prints. Good luck.

Still frustrated, but the stylus is a good idea, Thanks

fonzie is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2014 mks
    I found that I can adjust my stock photos with windows live photo gallery to 799 by 383 pixels before I load them on a usb and it works perfectly.

Does decreasing the size by 1 pixel enlarge the picture to cover more of the screen?
    I contacted Lincoln and was told that changing the background color was not possible with our version of Sync.

fonzie is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2014 mks
    You are not actually changing the background color......you are editing the wallpaper. I said I adjusted picture with windows live photo gallery. Actually it was with paint. I have a 2014 and I have several pictures loaded.

To reduce the fingerprint problem, I bought a screen protector for a tablet and trimmed it to fit my screen. It helped quite a bit, I'm still using the OEM wallpaper.

Remove this ad
    If you need help resizing the image let me know. I can do that for you... The stylus isn't a bad idea and neither is the screen protector...
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!