lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: DRLs installed !!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental

Smile DRLs installed !!!!

Remove this ad
    Got an email to schedule my MKS for the DRL upgrade and I went right in. The tech told me that it took longer to get the info from Ford then it was to do the work. He told me that he tried it on a stock car because he wanted to be sure it worked. I went with my car to watch how it was done. After he plugged the end of the cable under the dash and we went to the computer he said it was reading the info from the car. When it was finished the screen showed a list from which he choose "lighting" then picked DRL and chose ON. That was it! The whole operation took about a minute and a half. The DRLs are the amber lights not the fog lights. They work perfectly! By the way , there was no charge for the reconfiguring . The other MKS in stock also gets to keep the DRLs. So there will be two MKSs with DRLs in the area unless anyone else requests them.

Just had mine done at no charge.

fonzie is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2014 mks
    Hi
    I am new to the forum and interested in the thread for DRLs. I live in Pa as well and looking to turn these on but both the service shop and Lincoln says there is no drl..... period! Any thing anyone else did was making modifications to the car that are not authorized by Ford or Lincoln so I am real curious to know how this was done so that I can tell my ford dealer how to do it. Anyone else out there reading this can chime in as well.
    Thanks

Grey Ghost is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2014 MKS Ecoboost
    It is amazing at how uneducated some service departments are. I picked up a barely used 2014 red ecoboost about a month ago. One of the things I asked was to have the DRLs turned on. They said, "No problem." and when I picked the car up, I had properly working DRLs. It is just a software change that they can do by plugging in to their diagnostic system and setting a flag to on, in the DRL section. It takes only minutes and could be free or less than $30, depending on your relationship with your dealer.

You might check this thread, for more info.

http://lincolnforums.com/forums/thre...unning-lights)

Cool Your Drls

Where in PA do you live. From the info I posted it should be no trouble for a tech to get to the computer and make the change. If you still get no results give me the name of your dealer and I'll have my dealer contact them with the info since my 2015 was done easily

I live in Dillsburg.........25 miles north of Gettysburg. I could use two different dealers.

Cool Pick your dealer

Quote Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
    I live in Dillsburg.........25 miles north of Gettysburg. I could use two different dealers.
    Have your dealer of your choice call Tom Masano Ford Lincoln in Reading , their service dept and ask to speak to the tech Ron Moore. He is the one that did the research and he'll be able to tell your techs how it is done. I live near Reading and use this dealership. Let me know the results!
    Just a side note my niece works in Dillsburg and just bought a house in East Petersburg last month.

Thank you, I will

Did you get the DRL s work done yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    Have your dealer of your choice call Tom Masano Ford Lincoln in Reading , their service dept and ask to speak to the tech Ron Moore. He is the one that did the research and he'll be able to tell your techs how it is done. I live near Reading and use this dealership. Let me know the results!
    Just a side note my niece works in Dillsburg and just bought a house in East Petersburg last month.
    Haven't heard back yet if you proceeded with the work.
    But a correction to my last post. My niece bought a house in East Berlin Washington Township. She just confirmed it.

Remove this ad
    I thought DRL's were standard on the 2015?