Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Nautilus | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Find your 2013 MKS door code

Red face Find your 2013 MKS door code

Remove this ad
    It is located next to the fuse box, closest to the door side of it. There is 1 wingnut toward the center consul, above the accelerator pedal, holding part of the plastic kick panel on. You don't need to remove any more than that. You should be able to wiggle the panel enough to see the bright white sticker with your 5 digit code and an L at the end to the left of the fuses (toward the door side above the pedals). It took me all of 2 minutes to find my code.

I hope this helps anyone looking for it.

I spent 2 days looking for mine on a 2011. Never did find it.

My MKS is a Certified Pre-owned.The dealer provided me with the code, and helped me program 2 additional codes, which activate the driver memory features.

Quote Originally Posted by the.maiden View Post
    It is located next to the fuse box, closest to the door side of it. There is 1 wingnut toward the center consul, above the accelerator pedal, holding part of the plastic kick panel on. You don't need to remove any more than that. You should be able to wiggle the panel enough to see the bright white sticker with your 5 digit code and an L at the end to the left of the fuses (toward the door side above the pedals). It took me all of 2 minutes to find my code.

I hope this helps anyone looking for it.
    I am new MKS owner. I just bought a 2014 yesterday from Carmax and didn't have the code. I registered for this forum for the sole reason of giving thanks. This was perfect. I did exactly what you said. I took off the wing nut and pulled down the plastic on the left side of the brake pedal and right there was the code.

Great! Glad I could help, bxsteez! I don't get on here much, so sorry for the reply delay!

Sorry this didn't help you, ibuy, I am not sure what changed between the 2011 and 2013 models.

Would anyone know if it’s the same on my ‘09 MKS? Mine works when it wants, just like the button on my trunk to open it. When the door unlock DOES work, I just have to press 1 and it unlocks. Of course it chose NOT to work all 3 times I’ve managed to lock the key in it. BOTH sets twice....

It's supposed to be a 5 digit code.

I just got back from the dealer after having them program a new key fob ($370). Unfortunately, my car only came with one key. They also deciphered my code for me because I could never find it.

Here's the part that sucks - the master code is not unlocking the car. Due to other strange things that it is doing, I suspect that the keypad is messed up and needs replaced. Since you said that yours works sometimes, I suspect that your keypad may also be messed up and either sensing numbers that you don't touch, or not sensing numbers that you do touch.

I had them price out a new keypad for me - $226 and that is the part only. I haven't had any luck finding one on ebay. According to the service manual, it sounds like a major pain in the ass to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave watson View Post
    When the door unlock DOES work, I just have to press 1 and it unlocks.
    This is probably the proximity feature working the way that it should. If you have the key with you, pressing any button on the keypad should unlock the car. Obviously this doesn't work if the key is inside the car or if you don't have the key on you - it has to be outside and I think with a few feet of one of the sensing antennas. I think there are 3.

My wife's Edge is even more convenient in regards to this feature. If you have the key on you (it even works with the key in her purse), all you have to do is touch one of the front door handles and the doors unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by iBuyHouses View Post
    This is probably the proximity feature working the way that it should. If you have the key with you, pressing any button on the keypad should unlock the car. Obviously this doesn't work if the key is inside the car or if you don't have the key on you - it has to be outside and I think with a few feet of one of the sensing antennas. I think there are 3.

My wife's Edge is even more convenient in regards to this feature. If you have the key on you (it even works with the key in her purse), all you have to do is touch one of the front door handles and the doors unlock.
    That's the way my MKS works.

Ahhhhhh, now THAT makes perfect sense. Whodathunk, a convenience feature that is both convenient AND works.....thank you again for your help!

Dave

Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Boltz View Post
    That's the way my MKS works.
    Yeah, I think that feature became available for the 2013 MKS and up. 09-12 didn't have it.