lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: SYNC update
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SYNC update

SYNC update

Remove this ad
    I was looking through old posts, I seem to remember talking about an update for SYNC (2012 and under MKTs) with voice to include applink. Anyone remember this or have any info on an update? The Ford/Lincoln SYNC website say we are up to date.

I did find this, but it gives little info. I guess that I will just have to continue to be disappointed by the SYNC system bestowed upon us...

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1261...hicles-in-2014

peterk9 is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Explorer Platinum AWD Ecoboost
    The article is basically for those vehicles with SYNC, not MFT or MLT
    Applink is not currently available for MyFord Touch (MFT) so I assume it also applies to MyLincoln Touch (MLT) either. This was mentioned by the In Vehicle Technology Ford rep on the Explorer IVT Forum. I think you'll likely see Microsoft replaced by QNX for our systems before you see Applink.

Peter

DonGib is offline Member My Lincoln(s): 2013 MKT
    My 2013 has all the updates and it still is the worst system I have every had!!

There's a good post in the MKX section:

http://lincolnforums.com/forums/thre...oftware-Update

Hope the link works.

peterk9 is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Explorer Platinum AWD Ecoboost
    He posted the same video in the Explorer Forum. Notice that he still refers to it as MyFord Touch instead of MyLincoln Touch.

Peter

Thanks for the answers, but I do not have MLT, my MKT is 2012 so I have old sync with navigation.

Quote Originally Posted by jpr69u View Post
    Thanks for the answers, but I do not have MLT, my MKT is 2012 so I have old sync with navigation.
    You can try sending a private message to Rebecca. She is the Ford In Vehicle Technology (IVT) rep that monitors the Ford Explorer Forum but also might be able to answer any questions you have on your SYNC.
    You can use this link; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...newpm&u=181992

Peter

Driving this mkt is a joy but Microsoft Sync suck so bad.

Remove this ad
    After the update I lost the ability to text through my Iphone 6s. It was working before but now it says this device is not supported for this feature. Also voice commands to Media are totally screwed up. I say Play Album AC/DC and Sync shows me list of 4 albums U2 and WD40. Totally frustrated. Also I do not understand why there is no scroll option on the staring wheel or a button close to driver? If you have 50 Playlists and Audiobooks you keep scrolling and even when you find the playlist when you press back i takes to to the beginning of the list. so dumb.
    If you scroll and then find an albumb and open it and select a song to play. You cannot go back to list of songs without going all the way back to list of albums?
    MY GOD who designed this interface. I am sure texting and driving is much safer then operating Sync and driving.