Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Nautilus | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: 1986 Lincoln TownCar
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Steve G Guest

Ok seriously wrapping paper pisses me off!

Remove this ad
    I have this wild pet peeve about wrapping paper. I hate that shit, we all talk about recycling and whatever. I use freaking sales flyers (the coated kind) for my presents for little kids (they like to tear open paper), or those fancy-ish present bags that people can re-use over and over again for the older kids lol. Imagine all the ****ing paper that\'s being used up for NOTHING. I don\'t see why it\'s so important to have flashy gift wrapping paper under the tree? I get creative with my shit, and will make a bow out of paper, people usually like my \"mad tit skillz, yo\".

I have not bought a roll of wrapping paper for the past 5 years or so. It\'s one of my ways to help protect our natural ressources. I hope other people would catch on to this sort of holiday thinking but I have not met one person that does this so far lol

imported_Charlie Guest

I wish other people would think like you.

drummer5 Guest

I waste enough paper on drawings and copies and models, I should just not even wrap my presents!

Jker Guest

Dude, not hard at all. fold here, tape there, done!

I wrapped 26 total in no time.

Suck it up. Punk

newspaper + duct tape + sharpie = golden

danistanggt Guest

i had to wrap a couple of presents for a 1 armed guy at work. he asked if i could help and of course being the nice person that i am i said sure... think i wasted more cause i kept ripping it, than it took to wrap the gifts!!!

VickiM74 Guest

[quote name=\'Clouderold\']newspaper + duct tape + sharpie = golden[/QUOTE]

:rofl: does it have to be duct tape, or will masking tape work?

Steve G Guest

At my cousin\'s party we had to play a game where we all sit in a circle and have to unwrap a present. We take turns rolling a dice and whoever gets a 6, has to put on the mittens and scarf and undo the present. It was about 6 boxes wrapped up with duct tape and packaging tape. Hard as hell to get to everything with mittens.

I got the ball rolling by doing one of those WWE moves and jumped onto the box hahaha! Killed the fugger.

Skarhed Guest

Its in the genetic code that guys hate wrapping paper and all its accessories. What frustrates me is I can machine a piece of steel to tolerances of less than 0.0005 inch but can\'t wrap a package without wrinkles and gaps!

Steve G Guest

I can do a perfect wrap, not that I do so very often. Maybe it\'s because I\'m a graphic designer that I\'m good with artsy shit.

What I don\'t like is all the waste of paper that\'s involved... Recycling can do one thing but the recycling procedure isn\'t as \"good\" as everyone thinks... the paper has to be turned back into pulp and that uses chemicals. The best bet is to not use as much paper in the first place.

Jker Guest

Its in the genetic code that guys hate wrapping paper and all its accessories. What frustrates me is I can machine a piece of steel to tolerances of less than 0.0005 inch but can\'t wrap a package without wrinkles and gaps!
    Same here. I think the wrinkles and gaps add character. Like a 60\'s muscle car. Part of the charm is the imperfect fit and finish.

That\'s my story and I\'m sticking to it. :shifty:

Pantera99GS Guest

I like to put gift cards in huge boxes with weights in them- wrap the whole thing with newspapers and of course duct tape like previously mentioned. I have no skill trying to make things look \"pretty\"- so instead I just try to make them EARN their present .

Maybe one of these years I\'ll use some JB Weld.

Steve G Guest

hahahaha tig weld an aluminum box for them... when they try to open it, tell them that the blow torch and hacksaw is in the garage :lol: hmmmmm *idea*

VickiM74 Guest

How about encase the box in bondo?

Steve G Guest

hahaha I always wanted to put a crap load of flour in a box and give it to someone who likes to \"show off\" and rip open presents like a mad man! Damn I can picture him holding the box in the air and ripping open the box then... swooooooooosh... a shit load of white powder all over him and the floor :rofl:

Damn me and my nasty bastard mind... muahahahaha

[quote name=\'VickiM74\']:rofl: does it have to be duct tape, or will masking tape work?[/QUOTE]

**** no masking tape will not work!!!!!! That involves effort of looking for a clear tape so it looks better.

VickiM74 Guest

masking tape isn\'t clear... but it pulls off more easily than duct tape, so it\'s eliminated for that reason.

Strapping tape is good shit to use... it doesn\'t rip easily and it gives things a little texture!

in2fords Guest

[quote name=\'Boss man\']
    What I don\'t like is all the waste of paper that\'s involved... Recycling can do one thing but the recycling procedure isn\'t as \"good\" as everyone thinks... the paper has to be turned back into pulp and that uses chemicals. The best bet is to not use as much paper in the first place.[/QUOTE]

me too, but I drive a 250 deisel, overpowered luxury car and a suv:freak:

[quote name=\'VickiM74\']masking tape isn\'t clear... but it pulls off more easily than duct tape, so it\'s eliminated for that reason.

Strapping tape is good shit to use... it doesn\'t rip easily and it gives things a little texture![/QUOTE]

NO! lol =P You HAVE to use ducttape it adds to the comic nature of wrapping presents in newspaper.

in2fords Guest

and i frogot my contribution to the post
    I gave my girlfriend a nice ring last year, she knew it must have been nice cause I was broke for a while. I gave it too her in a little pop open ring box, placed that in a larger box and wrapped the hell out of it. very sweet and a very romantic evening, untill she finally got the the ring box and tried to open it, I couldnt help myself, I super glued the box shut and took pictures as she beat it against the table would have been FULL SERVICE that night, but the pics are worth it.

imported_Charlie Guest

This year I bought three cordless speaker phones for my brother. It would have been hell to wrap them together. So, I bought a gift bag to put them in. It looks christmas but, it\'s just a cheap bag. Too bad it\'s too big. I haven\'t figured out that part yet. I think I\'ll just fold up the bottom and staple it.

DainBramage77 Guest

I\'ve solved this problem the old fashioned way.
    I don\'t wrap a damn thing. What are they gonna do?
    You don\'t like your $200 gizmo because it doesn\'t have $1 worth of paper taped to it, blow me...

Nobody seems to mind. Probably because I duct taped everything shut one year (full duct tape covered, LOTS of tape), then rattle-canned them red, taped them off, painted green stripes... ect.. Then 5 coats of clear. Took them forever to open the boxes. Needless to say, they don\'t question me about not wrapping shit anymore..

imported_Charlie Guest

[quote name=\'DainBramage77\']I\'ve solved this problem the old fashioned way.
    I don\'t wrap a damn thing. What are they gonna do?
    You don\'t like your $200 gizmo because it doesn\'t have $1 worth of paper taped to it, blow me...

Nobody seems to mind. Probably because I duct taped everything shut one year (full duct tape covered, LOTS of tape), then rattle-canned them red, taped them off, painted green stripes... ect.. Then 5 coats of clear. Took them forever to open the boxes. Needless to say, they don\'t question me about not wrapping shit anymore..[/QUOTE]

:lol: That\'s great.

[quote name=\'Pantera99GS\']I like to put gift cards in huge boxes with weights in them- wrap the whole thing with newspapers and of course duct tape like previously mentioned. .[/QUOTE]

steals idea :shifty:

hotrodllsc Guest

Remove this ad
    lol, just use the comics section from the newspaper. It lookes colorful, and is entertaining to read too. If you thing that wraping paper is a waste, very few people actually recycle newspapers. On an average Sunday, we load 960+ papers into an E-250. Each paper weighs approx 2-3lbs. That makes for a VERY FULL E-250, standard lenght, filled to the top, one seat for me to roll in and a table. Do this 52 times a year, just for the sunday paper, and you relize, THAT is a waste of paper. Just a little food for thought!