Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Nautilus | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: 1986 Lincoln TownCar
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DainBramage77 Guest

Ok seriously wrapping paper pisses me off!

Remove this ad
    [quote name=\'hotrodllsc\']lol, just use the comics section from the newspaper. It lookes colorful, and is entertaining to read too. If you thing that wraping paper is a waste, very few people actually recycle newspapers. On an average Sunday, we load 960+ papers into an E-250. Each paper weighs approx 2-3lbs. That makes for a VERY FULL E-250, standard lenght, filled to the top, one seat for me to roll in and a table. Do this 52 times a year, just for the sunday paper, and you relize, THAT is a waste of paper. Just a little food for thought![/QUOTE]
    More than you think do... Up here in the freezin\' northeast (NY), papermills are everywhere, and there are several comapnies that pay for recyclable paper. Big business.
    Problem is getting municipalities to do anything that might not be as profitable, or take ambition....

BECG Guest

I started wrapping gifts last night.. bought the pretty paper and the squiggly bows, everything looks perfect.........THEN ON THE NEXT TO LAST F\'N GIFT...I RUN OUT OF F\'N TAPE!!!!!!! Im sorry, but I was trying to actually finish something.. and yet again, I had to walk away with it incomplete..LOL. Cant go buy tape in my neighborhood at 1am.

VickiM74 Guest

Got and Gum :dunno:

imported_Charlie Guest

What no duct tape in the house!! Shame on you. How can you live without duct tape.

VickiM74 Guest

Maybe that\'s the kind of tape she ran out of??

NYC LS8 Guest

[quote name=\'Charlie\']What no duct tape in the house!! Shame on you. How can you live without duct tape.[/QUOTE]

She had it, didn\'t wanna use it.

I only wrap when necessary...and for the record, wrapping a box 4\' long, exactly as wide as th wrapping paper, and 1\" thick is an adventure.

Everything that will fit in them goes in gift boxes. No real waste there, since they end up getting re-used (I think I have a few that have been used 5-6 times) until they\'re simply worn out, at which time they end up in the recycling bin with the newspaper.

OldSchool1 is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 1984 Lincoln Mark VII

Ametuers! Here\'s Mrs.OldSchool\'s handywork (even with the bar open).

LILQUEENIE Guest

can she do my wrappin next yr???????

OldSchool1 is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 1984 Lincoln Mark VII

[quote name=\'LILQUEENIE\']can she do my wrappin next yr???????[/QUOTE]
    hehehe
    I should have also included 2004 and 2003. She\'s gonna scream when she sees these.

LILQUEENIE Guest

i say next yr we just send all our gifts 2 her 2 wrap............

Potato Guest

So my 12 year old cousin wanted some boy band CD and I drew her name for the gift exchange. To get back at her for making me ask for that CD I threw her CD in a box and used an entire roll of duct tape on it. Then to make it look less suspcious I wrapped it nice and neat. Next year I think I\'ll use hot glue and seal it shut. :drevil:

LILQUEENIE Guest

Remove this ad
    hahahahaha...............