Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Nautilus | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: 2015 Lincoln MKX Concept
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red Brake Light

Remove this ad
    Red brake light on constantly. Harness unplugged from ebrake. Swapped out fluid level sensor. Please someone help before i lose my mind.

hotrodllsc Guest

Red Brake Light

Check for shorts to ground on that circuit. Also check to make sure you do in fact have enough fluid in the reservoir. I know, it may seem silly that I ask that but I HAVE seen it before... :| And does the yellow abs light prove out? Power brakes work good?

W.V. Kelly Guest

Red Brake Light

Only two circuits are connected to that red \"Brake\" light, the fluid sensor and the parking brake switch. We\'ve found that the parking brake pedal is flexible enough to (after long and/or vigorous use) deflect to the side of the button for the switch. Test this by reaching under the panel to ensure that the pedal is making contact with the switch and is opening it. The red light gets power from fuse 18 through a R/Y wire and is grounded through the fluid level sensor P/W wire and/or parking brake switch. If both of these circuits are disconnected and the light is still on then it\'s being grounded somewhere.
    Never give up,
    W. V. Kelly

hotrodllsc Guest

Red Brake Light

[quote name=\'W.V. Kelly\']Only two circuits are connected to that red \"Brake\" light, the fluid sensor and the parking brake switch. We\'ve found that the parking brake pedal is flexible enough to (after long and/or vigorous use) deflect to the side of the button for the switch. Test this by reaching under the panel to ensure that the pedal is making contact with the switch and is opening it. The red light gets power from fuse 18 through a R/Y wire and is grounded through the fluid level sensor P/W wire and/or parking brake switch. If both of these circuits are diconnected and thelight is still on then it\'s being grounded somewhere.
    Never give up,
    W. V. Kelly[/QUOTE]

From my experience on these cars the red brake light is also tied in with the power brakes. If the master cylinder isn\'t able to build enough pressure it will also trip the red brake light. I\'ll have to look for my EVTM though.

W.V. Kelly Guest

Red Brake Light

[quote name=\'hotrodllsc\']... If the master cylinder isn\'t able to build enough pressure it will also trip the red brake light...[/QUOTE]

The fluid level sensor has two switches for two fluid levels: the first (upper) turns on the red light, the second (lower) turns on the amber light. Yes, that lower fluid level could be expected to affect brake pressure. The amber light is also grounded through the Anti-lock Power Relay so anything that turns that off will also illuminate the amber light.
    W. V. Kelly

Red Brake Light

thanks for the help and wire colors. it was shorted near the e-brake.

Red Brake Light

Continuing on with this thread....What would be the best way to start trouble shooting this: if after pumping the brake pedal 50 times to relieve pressure the pump electric motor would not start after turning on key to \"run\" position? I just ordered a new set of relays (anti-lock power relay and pump motor relay). The reservoir is full almost to overfill.

W.V. Kelly Guest

Red Brake Light

The relays are a good start. beyond that \"The Book\" is a good investment unless you have access to ALLDATA. Search the threads here; you\'ll find plenty of hints.
    W. V. Kelly

Try tapping the relays with the circuit energized.

If this is a preview of the 2015 MKX - I am ready to order right now !

I have a 2011 MKX - love it - but am tired of the big smile Grill - cant wait for more photos !

Phil

I won't lie, I don't like this at all, though it is very well put together. The MKX is supposed to be a CUV, not a hatchback.
    1989 Chrysler LeBaron 70,000 miles
    2013 Ford Taurus 57,000 miles

its about time that Lincoln created more style in its MKX - its too boxy now

http://www.wheels.ca/news/lincoln-mk...over-revealed/

Think this is the future of the new MKX - in a Mini form !

mark95man is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2014 Navigator & MKZ Hybrid, 07 TC Designer, 96 TC, 79 MARK V Cartier, 75+ 69-71 Lincoln MARK IIIs
    OMG--another FWD vehicle that most Lincoln RWD owners will not purchase!

It looks like a completely different vehicle altogether .... I purchased the 2014 MKX for it's visual appeal, as one of many reasons ... This car looks so completely different that it shouldn't have the MKx badge IMO

I LOVE the current MKX design. When and if Lincoln changes it, I probably won't get another one!!!

Ya'll do realize that what was shown is NOT actually the MKX concept don't you. It's just the OP's vision.
    And I might add a totally wrong direction. To the OP, the MKX is supposed to be a crossover, NOT a sedan, hatched or otherwise. We have the MKZ for the small sedan segment, and the soon to arrive MKC for the small CUV segment.
    2012 Lincoln MKT 3.5 Ecoboost AWD..... Fully Loaded minus active park assist and tow package.
    Crystal Champagne

86 Buick Grand National
    01 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Mkc

The MKC based on the Escape platform with a new 2.3 EcoBoost engine. I like to think the MKC is a little larger than the Escape body.

No information on fuel consumption.

Price point is about the same as the MKX. It should be here by June/July as a 2015 model.

http://www.lincolncanada.com/crossov...oogle|3d5sWb6L

usedup is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2014 MKX AWD
    I would be surprised if the MKC is not built on the Escape platform. Maybe a wee bit longer...like the Edge and the 2 inch longer MKX.

Is anyone alive on this damn forum?

I am here at times, I have a 2011 MKX - and am looking foward to getting the 2015 MKX- when its available late this year - a rumor is that it might be on the same platform as the Explorer - so that a 3rd row seat would be available. - I had a MKT in 2010 - was not happy with it - but the MKX has been flawless and a joy to own !

I got my MKX on Friday. Way too soon to evaluate. Heated steering wheel is nice but the heated seats are pretty piss poor compared to the '13 Escape I had.

I agree, passenger headed seat works well - gets really warm, drivers seat hardly works at all -only at times does it work - a weak point here ! should be fixed for the 2015 models

The Escape had 5 settings and #2 was about right when it was cold. With all 3 lights on the Lincoln isn't equal to the Escape on # 2...driver and passenger side.

jacodd1 is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2013 MKX
    What is wrong with your heated seats. My 2013 MKX has outstanding heat in the seats.

rbwmt is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2012 MKX
    Remove this ad
    Don't like this design at all. Looks like a Honda.