09 MKS trunk unlock button

Dave watson

Pretty self explanatory, but my unlock button on the trunk itself is very temperamental. Has anyone changed the switch themselves? It works fine with the remotes as well as the button inside the car, so I figured it’s the switch. I can get it out though, as anyone done this?

Thanks,

Dave in Ma.

iBuyHouses

Valkaria, FL
You have to have the key near the trunk for it to work (either in your hand or in your pocket). I'm wondering if the times that it isn't working for you, you either have the key laying in the car or not near the rear of the car. There is a sensing antenna mounted behind the rear bumper cover and that sensor has to sense the key before it will allow the button to unlock the trunk.

That being said, if you have the key with you and it still is temperamental, it could be either the trunk button or the sensing antenna.

Dave watson

Thanks for the reply. I usually have it in my pocket. Like I said, I’m pretty sure it’s the switch. I just can’t seem to get the stupid thing out. That’s why I asked if anyone has changed it themselves.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML