08 Lincoln Navigator want to update front and back to 2015 model style. Can it be done?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

hardknock2us

Hello, I’m new here and want to custom style my 08 Lincoln Navigator to change the front and rear to a 2015-2017 style. I love the Led tail lamps and the daylight running lights of the 2015 style and since I know these models are basically the same box style, I just wonder how difficult it may be or is it possible to change the front and rear style.

bbf2530

Hello, I’m new here and want to custom style my 08 Lincoln Navigator to change the front and rear to a 2015-2017 style. I love the Led tail lamps and the daylight running lights of the 2015 style and since I know these models are basically the same box style, I just wonder how difficult it may be or is it possible to change the front and rear style.

Hi hardknock and welcome to the Lincoln Forums. Can it be done? Well...yes. Like the old saying...Almost anything is possible if you throw enough money, work, sweat and curse words at it.

Is it realistically possible? You would have to replace every exterior body piece from the windshield forward. And that may likely include some wiring harnesses and other electrical components (for the lighting etc.). So fenders, hood, all front lighting (expensive headlights/foglights etc.). Front bumper/bumper cover/fascias. Grille and lower grilles. Then a complete rear hatch and taillight assemblies. Possibly the rear bumper cover (hard to tell from photos). Any necessary updated wiring harnesses...and so on.

Even then, it looks like the door sculpting of your 2008 may not/will not match the fender sculpting of the newer models.

And besides finding/sourcing and purchasing all those parts and components, you would need to have them professionally painted. Then...unless you are going to do the work, you would need to pay a body shop to remove and replace all those freshly painted parts.
Even if you are capable of doing the work yourself, it would be one heck of a difficult and costly job. Loads of parts, painting...etc.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Last edited: