'07 MKZ THX-II Rear Sub Removal

FuzzelFox

I also posted this on the MKZ forum but I figure I'll post it here as well :)

Simple and short: Previous owner blew the bigger of the two THX subwoofers in the rear deck. The cone is just separated from the surround so I want to take it out and just attempt to glue it for now but I can't seem to get the damn thing out of the car! I can take the bolt-screws out but it just doesn't move, there's no give at all. I tried pinching and pushing the little plastic sheetrock screw type things that the screws go into but it just doesn't budge.

I can't find instructions or a video that seems to have this issue, most cars you apparently just take the four bolts off and the whole thing just lifts out with ease.

FuzzelFox

Oh hey, I forgot I posted here. I see there's been 4000+ views for this post so let me say for anyone else who needs to know it's as simple as it could be: Remove the 4 bolt screws then take a flat head screwdriver and pry up the metal part frame of the speaker that the bolts held down. After 10+ years of baking in the sun it really was just stuck on it's own.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML