03 town car signature

riggsskip

I noticed that my town car has dual exhausts. Does this mean that I have more horsepower than a car that has single exhaust or does it just mean that I have dual exhausts.

bbf2530

I noticed that my town car has dual exhausts. Does this mean that I have more horsepower than a car that has single exhaust or does it just mean that I have dual exhausts.
Hi and welcome riggsskip. For all intents and purposes, unless there are some other unknown factors, it just means you have dual exhausts.

In fact, the "dual exhaust" setups on some vehicles are not even true dual exhausts (completely separate exhaust pipes from each cylinder bank of the engine/ header, from the engine to the rear of the car, separate resonators, mufflers etc. They are simply two outlets from a single muffler and just for aesthetics

Good luck.

LTC1997

On the pre-2002 Town cars, dual exhaust was 15-20hp over single exhaust, as on my dual-exhausted, 210(vs.190)hp '97 Signature.

From '02 until '11, all Town Cars had the same 239hp.
Presumably all from these years had dual exhaust(?).

Hound Dog

Dual alone is a couple horses. Add an air box with an 80mm mass air flow sensor from a crown vic police car with a flash tune with a STC tuner (see crown vic forums for instructions) and you can be cranking a whopping 250 horses. By golly you'll be almost half as fast as a bone stock Honda Civic with a clogged fuel filter.

HTML