• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

‘09 MKS Issue

Dave watson

When I try to install my phone, I keep getting a message "bluetooth is off, would you like to turn it on?" I turn it on, it shuts back off almost as quickly as it turns on. I've tried a master reset. Anybody have this issue? It seems as though the tech in the car was a little ahead of its time, and the techs I’ve asked are perhaps a little BEHIND the time, at least for my issues! Anybody have any ideas?
Thank you,
Dave in Ma.

dfoliver

Fordland, MO
When I try to install my phone, I keep getting a message "bluetooth is off, would you like to turn it on?" I turn it on, it shuts back off almost as quickly as it turns on. I've tried a master reset. Anybody have this issue? It seems as though the tech in the car was a little ahead of its time, and the techs I’ve asked are perhaps a little BEHIND the time, at least for my issues! Anybody have any ideas?
Thank you,
Dave in Ma.
Do you have Bluetooth turned on on your cell phone? It needs to be on before trying to pair it with your car.

Dave in MO

Dave watson

It’s on Dave. It shuts off within 5 or 10 seconds after I turn it on. I’ve tried pairing it with my iPad too, same result.

G-893960

It’s on Dave. It shuts off within 5 or 10 seconds after I turn it on. I’ve tried pairing it with my iPad too, same result.
Very strange indeed. Do you have an iPhone or Android? I had no problem with pairing my iPhone.

Dave in MO

Dave watson

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the assist. I have an android phone and an iPad. I’ve tried pairing both at different times, to no avail. This car has so much tech for a 10 year old car, it’s wild! I hate to take it to the dealer @ $100/hr, but it looks like that’s where I’m headed. What I REALLY want to do is be able to load music into the car. ive got 100s of songs loaded into my phone and my iPad that I want to put in the car somehow, but that’s something I don’t now how to do. It has USB ports, and a mini plug input next to it, so it must have something to do with that....Anynidea how to do that stuff Dave?

HTML