lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS

Lincoln Forum: MYSTERY LINCOLN... WHAT DO I HAVE
    Remove this ad
    I bought what i believe to be a 1959 lincoln. I'm not sure the make though. I bought it from an old guy and the title says its a 1958 Town car, which I dont believe exists. I've googled the crap out of this car. I found one identical match in an ad that features a women in the passenger seat of a turquoise lincoln with a faint image of a man driving. They're in the city and its a side profile. Anyhow my car is a turquoise lincoln with an ok paint job and IMMACULATE chrome. It has 54,000 miles on it and it runs and drives. Its a four door w electric seats and locks. It has the lincoln "stars" on the lights as well. Overall, I'd say the car is not showroom though i know he took it to car shows. However, it is all there. Any guesstimates as to what its worth and how many such cars still exist? Thanks for reading and id appreciate any input.

A picture would help immensly. Prior to 1958, Continental was a division of Ford and its own brand. In 1958, Lincoln and Continental merged, so you could have a Capri, Premiere, or a Continental Mark III (not the same as the 69-71).
    Nick

Past: 1967 Lincoln Continental convertible, 1987 LTC Cartier, 1996 LTC Signature, 1996 LTC DAE, 2002 LS V8, 2006 Zephyr, 2010 MKZ AWD
    Current: 2009 F-150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4
    WANTED: 1967 Continental sedan or convertible
    In my dreams: Continental Mark II

Quote Originally Posted by 59mysterylincoln View Post
    I bought what i believe to be a 1959 lincoln. I'm not sure the make though. I bought it from an old guy and the title says its a 1958 Town car, which I dont believe exists. I've googled the crap out of this car. I found one identical match in an ad that features a women in the passenger seat of a turquoise lincoln with a faint image of a man driving. They're in the city and its a side profile. Anyhow my car is a turquoise lincoln with an ok paint job and IMMACULATE chrome. It has 54,000 miles on it and it runs and drives. Its a four door w electric seats and locks. It has the lincoln "stars" on the lights as well. Overall, I'd say the car is not showroom though i know he took it to car shows. However, it is all there. Any guesstimates as to what its worth and how many such cars still exist? Thanks for reading and id appreciate any input.
    It sounds like you either have a 1958 Continental Mark III or a 1959 Continental Mark IV and yes, there was a "Town Car" version in '59 (and '60) but those are quite rare.

Post some pictures I'm excited to see this lincoln

mark95man is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2014 Navigator & MKZ Hybrid, 07 TC Designer, 96 TC, 79 MARK V Cartier, 75+ 69-71 Lincoln MARK IIIs
    Remove this ad
    1/08/11--three+ years and no photos. Don't hold your breath for these!