lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS

Lincoln Forum: 2004 Town Car Ultimate

Remove this ad
    I'm new to this site & am a new Lincoln owner. In the past I have owned a '93, a'99 & a '04 Crown Vic, the 2004 being a Sport model. The owner of the local FLM dealer is a friend of mine & I also pick up new vehicles for the dealership. He drives a Town Car & for the past year he's been after me to upgrade to a Lincoln. Last wek I finally gave in & purchased a 2004 black ultimate town car with 18k on it. I've driven it about 350 miles so far & buying this car was the best choice I've ever made. After I spent about an hour studying the owners' manual to find out how all the bells & whistles operate I am very impressed. This vehicle has every thing on it but a GPS system & rain sensative wipers. The ride, performance, handling & fuel milage are more than I expected. I now can say that I am a Lincoln owner until they throw dirt in my face.

Hi Roy. How does the Town Car compare to your past vehicles? I know the Crown Vics are very similar...
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sal Collaziano @ Aug 2 2007, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hi Roy. How does the Town Car compare to your past vehicles? I know the Crown Vics are very similar...</div>
    Sal: The first thing I noticed driving the Town Car was the additional weight over the Crown Vic. My Crown Vic Sport had the handling & performance package which made the ride a little firmer. Both cars have the rear air suspension, a 3:27 rear, dual exhausts & the same 239 HP engine. The Town Car is a little larger in width & length. I have a car port that my wife parks her 03 Escape along with my car & backing in is a little closer than the CV. The previous owner only drove it around town so I've put around 300 miles on it "cleaning" it out on the interstates. Fuel mileage is about the same since I've been driving it at interstate speeds, (70-75), averages 23-25. I'm glad I made the move up. I will have to be careful & use my radar detector now since the CV resembled an unmarker highway patrol car with the honeycomb grill & the CB antenna on the rear deck. Most of the Highway Patrol vehicles just waved or flashed lites even tho I was running abouty 5-7 over the limit. Thanks for the inquiry.

Thank you for the comparison! I didn't realize the Town Car was wider than the Crown Vic...
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Remove this ad
    Welcome to the site Roy. Sorry, I missed you. Don't be mad...