lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: 2004 Town Car Ultimate
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VETECISFORGRANDMAS Guest

yay go me :p

Remove this ad
    I just managed to curl 105 pounds in a sitting preacher curl. Less the 8 months ago I couldn\'t do 65 pounds 1 time in the sitting preacher curl (more like 50-55 x 1). Whats messed up is that I am progressing very good in doing it preachercurl style, but standing up not so much. Probably because standing uses more biceps then the preachercurl style. Anyways have any of you set some new personal records?

imported_Tubby Guest

I haven\'t been lifting much lately, just a little.

Running though, I am getting better and better every week. I can pretty much do 3 miles at 7.5-9.0 mph even on bad days. When I started, 2 miles almost killed me...:yesyes:

Not to mention, I\'m down from 224 pounds to 204, and I\'m still losing more. I wonder what my target weight is for being 6\'4\'\'?

VETECISFORGRANDMAS Guest

I am 231 at 6\'5 to 6\'6\". At your height I would say that 204 is right on the money. See I would run, but I am to big to run. I weigh a lot, so my knees/shins have a lot of stress on them. I will be biking everyday tha tI can over the summer/fall, I can do that no problem.

Also, be carefull about loosing weight. The goal for most is to lose fat, and keep the muscle/gain muscle. When you run it will burn fat sure, but its also going to take your muscle along too, probably more muscle then fat for a while. Thats why people who do heavy cardio will never be muscular, or typically very strong (unless they are juicing it). You can loose fat while weight lifting, and light cardio, this method works best for me.

Stanglover Guest

[quote name=\'Tubby\']Running though, I am getting better and better every week. I can pretty much do 3 miles at 7.5-9.0 mph even on bad days. When I started, 2 miles almost killed me...:yesyes:[/QUOTE]
    That\'s pretty good! :yes:

I just started working out less than 2 weeks ago, so I\'m still finding my limits

HTRDLNCN Guest

I can do 12oz curls all daylong..

imported_Tubby Guest

Thanks Stang! I thought it wasn\'t too bad myself...

I hear ya Vetec, and I know I really should lift more too, but I need to script out a little routine, doing chest and tris, shoulder and back, etc etc in small amounts, not to gain muscle really, just maintain...

I know this is a pissy excuse, but it really is hard to find time. If I was able to find a nice little lifting routine to add with cardio, I\'d be happy.

heh I played hit for hit with a guy at school today.. I\'m bruised as hell. Congrats on the curl, i\'m going to start working out with my buddy here pretty soon, can\'t wait..

imported_Tubby Guest

Heh, that reminds me of a time, not a proud time, when my buddy and I played bloody knuckles at an IHOP when we were drunk as shit...probably stoned too...anyways, I couldn\'t use my hand for a week, and it took 2 months to heal properly, AND it never did heal quite right, doesn\'t hurt, but has a little bump on it. So yea, I was pretty dumb 3 years ago...

[quote name=\'Tubby\']Heh, that reminds me of a time, not a proud time, when my buddy and I played bloody knuckles at an IHOP when we were drunk as shit...probably stoned too...anyways, I couldn\'t use my hand for a week, and it took 2 months to heal properly, AND it never did heal quite right, doesn\'t hurt, but has a little bump on it. So yea, I was pretty dumb 3 years ago...[/QUOTE]

My arm looks all ripped like i\'m strong as hell... cause it\'s so bruised and welted LOL

VETECISFORGRANDMAS Guest

Remove this ad
    [quote name=\'Tubby\']Thanks Stang! I thought it wasn\'t too bad myself...

I hear ya Vetec, and I know I really should lift more too, but I need to script out a little routine, doing chest and tris, shoulder and back, etc etc in small amounts, not to gain muscle really, just maintain...

I know this is a pissy excuse, but it really is hard to find time. If I was able to find a nice little lifting routine to add with cardio, I\'d be happy.[/QUOTE]

I work 40 hours a week +school for 15 credits, and I find time. Granted its with my own equipment, and typically at 1 to 4 am :lol: