lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS

Lincoln Forum: The Ultimate Guide For "How Do I Add Factory Navigation To My Navigator or Aviator?"
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Remove this ad
    Is there a detailed "how to" instructions in installing the navgiation? thanks

does anybody know factory part numbers for

amp and external dvd rom drive?

Patrick. Where did you obtain your external dvd drive? If not from dealer, do you have a link where you purchased your dvd drive? Also, why do we need a new factory amp? Doesn't our truck already have an amp? Is it difficult to install the navigation system? thanks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dksu @ Jul 4 2007, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>does anybody know factory part numbers for

amp and external dvd rom drive?

Patrick. Where did you obtain your external dvd drive? If not from dealer, do you have a link where you purchased your dvd drive? Also, why do we need a new factory amp? Doesn't our truck already have an amp? Is it difficult to install the navigation system? thanks</div>

I got my DVD drive on ebay. Here is a link to one now-
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-lincoln-...134980430QQrdZ1
    (It will still work even though it's from a Town Car.)

I got the audio amp from the dealer but I don't know the pn. Only the trucks with navigation have an audio amp because without it the navigation voice can't speak.

You should know how to do some wiring to put this in yourself.

I got my DVD drive on ebay. Here is a link to one now-
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-lincoln-...134980430QQrdZ1
    (It will still work even though it's from a Town Car.)

I got the audio amp from the dealer but I don't know the pn. Only the trucks with navigation have an audio amp because without it the navigation voice can't speak.

You should know how to do some wiring to put this in yourself.
    [/quote]

Thanks Patrick. I found a link here for the amp. Patrick can you please check for me if this is the correct one? http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...amp;catalogid=2

From the diagram, you can also see that ford also sells side bracket and computer bracket. Do I need these also?
    Now I have acquired the navgiation and soon to buy the dvd from the link you provided. Looks like I can buy the antenna, amp, and dvd disk from ford. Where can I purchase the pigtail harness? Patrick do you have a link to a harness? Do I need any additional equipment? Thank you so much Patrick!

Well it looks like that is the amp you need but that is strange it's only like $50 because I paid almost $200 for mine. The picture on that site is also wrong, the shape and size of the amp is almost exactly like the DVD rom drive.

You don't need the brackets, I just put them on the floor under the center console and they've been fine.

You need to talk to ford about building the harness or if you can get all the plugs, you can wire it yourself.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (patrick92260 @ Jul 8 2007, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well it looks like that is the amp you need but that is strange it's only like $50 because I paid almost $200 for mine. The picture on that site is also wrong, the shape and size of the amp is almost exactly like the DVD rom drive.

You don't need the brackets, I just put them on the floor under the center console and they've been fine.

You need to talk to ford about building the harness or if you can get all the plugs, you can wire it yourself.</div>

My truck is a 2006 so it should have the phase II harness correct? So i don't need to custom build it? thanks

You won't have to build a new harness but you will have to add to the one you have because there is a 4th plug on the navigation radio and you would need to add the new wiring for the amplifier. I'm not sure how much work would be involved because I've never put the navigation in a truck that already had the Phase II harness.

Patrick,

Would you please give me directions how to replace the radio cover from an 04 Aviator? Thanks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dhoangtx @ Oct 29 2007, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Patrick,

Would you please give me directions how to replace the radio cover from an 04 Aviator? Thanks. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]</div>

Has anyone successfully done this in an aviator yet?

Remove this ad
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (justin.hughes @ Nov 7 2008, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dhoangtx @ Oct 29 2007, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Patrick,

Would you please give me directions how to replace the radio cover from an 04 Aviator? Thanks. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]</div>

Has anyone successfully done this in an aviator yet?
    </div>
    Don't you think it will be easier to install Pioneer Navigation system in the dash?