lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bill89LSC Guest

!#@$%$#

Remove this ad
    Any tips for getting the lower intake off? The damn things kicking my ass. Got it rocking a bit on the drivers side. Passenger side seems a little stuck. Yes, all the bolts are out. Just can\'t seem to get a good grip on it to break it loose.

LSC_CHEF Guest

!#@$%$#

is your dizzy out of the way? your heater core lines disconnected?
    are you sure all of the bolts are out because the corner bolts have studs on top that nuts go on to hold other things.

Bill89LSC Guest

!#@$%$#

Dizzy is pulled,all coolant lines are disconnected. Got the studs out, Injectors are out ,the intake is stripped bare. I even checked where all the mounting points are on the new intake to make sure I didn\'t miss any bolts.

LSC_CHEF Guest

!#@$%$#

prybar

Disney Lincoln Guest

!#@$%$#

I use a prybar under the water neck area. That or a heavy straight blade screwdrive between teh block and lower at the end behind the dizzy.

Bill89LSC Guest

!#@$%$#

Thanks, I\'ll put the water neck back on and try that tomorrow.

Disney Lincoln Guest

!#@$%$#

No need for the waterneck, the intake sticks out a couple inches right there and you can pry under the actual intake.

Bill89LSC Guest

!#@$%$#

Got the bastard. It was just really stuck. One other question though. The Cobra upper has no provision for coolant, correct? So I\'m guessing all I\'ve got to do is plug the opening in the Cobra lower.

LSC_CHEF Guest

!#@$%$#

i believe there are provisions for coolant on the cobra upper.

Disney Lincoln Guest

!#@$%$#

Remove this ad
    You are correct Bill. There are no water passages on teh Cobra, just a nipple on your water tubes, and a 3/8NPT pipe plug in your lower will do the job.