lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Turbo and Timing Chain Failures at ~70K Miles (2013 MKT)

Turbo and Timing Chain Failures at ~70K Miles (2013 MKT)

Remove this ad
    Hello everyone!

My relatively young, dealer maintained, MKT experienced a turbo failure (described by the Service Adviser as "it's totally puking oil") and a major timing chain issue. This resulted in an expensive repair estimate.

Couple of questions for the group:

1) Has anyone else had this happen?

2) If so, what were you estimated/charged for the fix?

3) In what way did Lincoln corporate offer to help? I do have a case with them, and they are offering financial assistance, but the assistance, while appreciated and well understood they are not legally obligated to provide anything, was shockingly very little considering the fix cost and circumstances.

Any feedback appreciated!

Thanks!

Jason

Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonIndiana View Post
    Hello everyone!

My relatively young, dealer maintained, MKT experienced a turbo failure (described by the Service Adviser as "it's totally puking oil") and a major timing chain issue. This resulted in an expensive repair estimate.

Couple of questions for the group:

1) Has anyone else had this happen?

2) If so, what were you estimated/charged for the fix?

3) In what way did Lincoln corporate offer to help? I do have a case with them, and they are offering financial assistance, but the assistance, while appreciated and well understood they are not legally obligated to provide anything, was shockingly very little considering the fix cost and circumstances.

Any feedback appreciated!

Thanks!

Jason
    I can't imagine what cost would be I have never been a fan of US Turbo