lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Low Profile Tires

Low Profile Tires

Remove this ad
    Took my 2013 MKZ Hybrid in for service today. Have been taking my car to the same agency I bought it from. The service tech told me that I needed a new set of tires because the rubber composition and the low profile of the tire made them wear faster than other tires. He said that the tires would likely have to be replaced approximately every 30,000 miles. Doe this sound right?

It depends on what tires you have. My car has Michelin Primacy MXM4; they're supposed to be good for about 55k miles.

It depends on what tires you have. My car has low profile Michelin Primacy MXM4; they're supposed to be good for about 55k miles. Some other brands have a shorter life expectancy.

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD
    Remove this ad
    I think your car is front wheel drive only so tire wear at front will be high, rear tire wear will be low. So you need to rotate the tires frequently to balance the wear. Some people are only getting 30,000 miles out of the tires according to their reviews but others are getting about 47,000 miles. Michelin says 55,000 miles but that is if you wear the tires down to 2/32" at the legal limit which is unsafe in the wet. Spirited driving will also increase the wear rate.

I don't have any experience yet with low profile tires, but my new Continental has the Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires in size 255/45R19 with load range 100 and speed rating of V. I am interested in real world experience with the low profile tires too. It seems the higher speed rating increases the wear rate since the warrantied mileage gets shorter.

Good luck.