lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Power issue

Thread: Power issue

Power issue

Remove this ad
    Good Afternoon,
    While using a tire inflator to inflate one of my tires on my 2005 Lincoln Aviator the unit suddenly stopped. I checked the fuse and the fuse is still good. Checked the unit in another cigarette lighter and it works fine. Any ideas what it may be?
    Thanks

mark95man is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2014 Navigator & MKZ Hybrid, 07 TC Designer, 96 TC, 79 MARK V Cartier, 75+ 69-71 Lincoln MARK IIIs
    Quote Originally Posted by VPasculli View Post
    Good Afternoon,
    While using a tire inflator to inflate one of my tires on my 2005 Lincoln Aviator the unit suddenly stopped. I checked the fuse and the fuse is still good. Checked the unit in another cigarette lighter and it works fine. Any ideas what it may be?
    Thanks
    QUESTION: How did you check the fuse? I use a volt meter as the blown part could be out of sight. If the pump worked in another outlet, I would think the fuse is the issue--try a new fuse and advise.

Slick Fan is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2003 TC Signature, 1977 TC, 2003 Aviator
    Quote Originally Posted by mark95man View Post
    QUESTION: How did you check the fuse? I use a volt meter as the blown part could be out of sight. If the pump worked in another outlet, I would think the fuse is the issue--try a new fuse and advise.
    True, sometimes a fuse can blow in a spot other than the "U" shaped area, leaving the fuse appearing still good.

I tried another fuse and still have same result

mark95man is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2014 Navigator & MKZ Hybrid, 07 TC Designer, 96 TC, 79 MARK V Cartier, 75+ 69-71 Lincoln MARK IIIs
    Remove this ad
    OK, how many cigarette lighter outlets does your vehicle have? In my TC & other Lincolns, each outlet has its own fuse. Did you check the correct fuse? Usually the second outlet has its fuse in the engine compartment fuse box.