lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Procedure for getting subscribed threads updates by email
    Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD

Procedure for getting subscribed threads updates by email

Remove this ad
    Hi Sal, I posted what I thought to be a procedure to allow a user (Makarios) to receive thread updates that he is subscribed to. The procedure I posted is:

"Go to settings in the top right where your username is located (must be signed-in) and press "settings". On left side is a series of menus, go to third one down called "My Settings" and then under "my account" click on "General Settings". The second item down is "messaging and notification" and under that is "receive email" click the button to receive email from administrators. Then the next item down is "Default Thread Subscription Mode:" in the drop down box you have options, mine is set to weekly using email.

To confirm that you have the settings, go to "profile" in the top right of page next to settings. You will see "My Activity" and underneath a list of options running across the page, the "notifications" box should have a check mark if all is well. Click that box and see a list of your subscriptions that may be empty now. Next click "settings" in upper right of page and see your subscribed threads and options to unsubscribe if you wish."

It does not work for him, so I must have made a mistake. Any help would be appreciated by us both.

Quote Originally Posted by Town View Post
    Hi Sal, I posted what I thought to be a procedure to allow a user (Makarios) to receive thread updates that he is subscribed to. The procedure I posted is:

"Go to settings in the top right where your username is located (must be signed-in) and press "settings". On left side is a series of menus, go to third one down called "My Settings" and then under "my account" click on "General Settings". The second item down is "messaging and notification" and under that is "receive email" click the button to receive email from administrators. Then the next item down is "Default Thread Subscription Mode:" in the drop down box you have options, mine is set to weekly using email.

To confirm that you have the settings, go to "profile" in the top right of page next to settings. You will see "My Activity" and underneath a list of options running across the page, the "notifications" box should have a check mark if all is well. Click that box and see a list of your subscriptions that may be empty now. Next click "settings" in upper right of page and see your subscribed threads and options to unsubscribe if you wish."

It does not work for him, so I must have made a mistake. Any help would be appreciated by us both.
    You gave him the right directions and I checked his account and it's setup correctly. The problem is probably his ISP not delivering email from the forum software. I'll send him an email asking him to whitelist the address. The emails are either in his bulk mail folder or he's not receiving them at all... Thank you for letting me know about this. Email is not so simple anymore...
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD
    Thanks Sal, I thought you would be able to help him. Great support for everyone here.

Thank you! I hope everything is working as it should be now...
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.

Hi Sal,

Makarios received your e-mail (thanks relayed here) and is looking into the e-mail receipts with his internet service provider. I get updates weekly on Monday morning, so they may have a wait until the next update unless he clicked a more up to date option.

Thanks for your help in resolving this issue as far as you can go.

Take care, Art

Remove this ad
    Thank you. Email is crazy these days as internet service providers don't like forum mail all that much... You take care as well.