lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: True world MPG

Thread: True world MPG

True world MPG

Remove this ad
    I recently purchased a Lincoln certified 2014 MKT from my local dealer. We love everything about this vehicle EXCEPT one glaring thing. We are consistently achieving 13.8 to 14.5 mpg in a typical mix of city and highway mileage. Lincoln rates it at 18 mpg, Consumers Report validated 18 mpg in their long term testing, and a neighbor with an identical MKT (EcoBoost, AWD) insists he has never experienced mpg results as low as ours. Any suggestions out there? The dealer suggests they have a technician hook a computer to the OBD and drive it for 15 miles or so.

Follow the dealer's suggestion.
    '11 MKT 3.5 EcoBoost AWD; '14 Jeep Cherokee Ltd. V6 AWD
    '00 Regal 29' Commodore twin 4.3L

peterk9 is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Explorer Platinum AWD Ecoboost

peterk9,
    What overall mpg did you typically experience?

Seldom Seen is offline Member My Lincoln(s): 2013 MKT EcoBoost, all but DVD players
    I usually get 20-23 mpg on the road @ 70 mph. I had a missing problem and when that was happening, mpg dropped to 18. On a whim, ran some Techron through it. Problem solved almost immediately, ran better'n new - had to learn how to take off smoothly again. Happened again, same fix, but hasn't happened again. Worth a shot.

peterk9 is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Explorer Platinum AWD Ecoboost
    Quote Originally Posted by lanieryellowjacket View Post
    peterk9,
    What overall mpg did you typically experience?
    See the link in post #3.
    Used to have a 2014 MKT

Remove this ad
    I purchased and used a bottle of Motorcraft fuel injector additive, but low mileage persists. The plan now is to drop it off at the dealer next week and have a complete diagnostic run, including over the road readings. Will report on the findings.