lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Blinging Service Engine Indicator Light
    Volmommy3 is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2007 MKX

Question Blinging Service Engine Indicator Light

Remove this ad
    I am new to the Lincoln MKX forum. I would appreciate any input regarding my concern. Until last evening, my 2007 Lincoln MKX has been running smoothly. After my last evening errand, I started my MKX to travel home. Immediately upon starting the engine, I could feel a slight hesitation in the engine as if the idle was slightly off. The service indicator light began flashing; that continued. I turned off the engine and checked my oil level. The oil level was within normal range. When I restarted the car, the service engine light continued to blink. Does anyone have a suggestion as what I should check? About six weeks ago, I did have a Ford dealership replace my Lincoln's leaking gas tank that was a recall issue. Other than that, I have had no recent mechanical repairs or issues. This just happened unexpectedly. Your input would greatly be appreciated.
    Thank you!

Slick Fan is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2003 TC Signature, 1977 TC, 2003 Aviator
    Remove this ad
    I would take it to a repair shop or auto parts store & have them plug a scanner into it, to see what codes come up. They should be able to advise you on what it's issue is.

Good luck!