lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Recall on 2017 Continental
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental

Unhappy Recall on 2017 Continental

Remove this ad
    Ford just announced a recall on the 2017 Continental . The recall involves the fact that the airbags may not deploy upon impact properly. There will be more info coming. I believe there is another Lincoln brand involved also.

I hope that this recall does not hold up deliveries for the forums members waiting for their Continentals!

SteveB_TX is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2013 MKZ Hybrid
    Those pesky Takata airbags! At least this issue won't send shrapnel up your nose in an accident.

4. I got a letter from Ford regarding the airbag on my 2015 Mustang. It said, they'll notify me when the updated ones become available. That was 2 years ago.......

Well, I hope that I don't wait that long! Didn't get any calls or letter yet but it was just announced . Maybe Lincoln will be more pro-active with their new Conti.

SouthernProducer is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    I heard about the recall on Autoline Detroit recently and checked to see if my newly delivered Continental was subject to the recall. Surprisingly, Lincoln said there were no outstanding recalls for my VIN. Given that my car was built 3/1/17, the motor company must have used a different airbag from at least that point forward?

Enter your vin# https://owner.lincoln.com/tools/acco...s/results.html

Looks like mine is affected.

Recall Date: FEB 27, 2017
    Recall Title: DRIVER AIRBAG MODULE REPLACEMENT
    NHTSA Recall Number: 17V123
    Lincoln Recall Number: 17C02
    Recall Description: IN THE AFFECTED VEHICLES, IN THE EVENT OF A DRIVER'S SIDE, FRONTAL AIR BAG DEPLOYMENT, THE AIR BAG CUSHION MAY NOT INFLATE AS INTENDED DUE TO UNCONTROLLED MANUFACTURING VARIABILITY BY THE AIR BAG MODULE SUPPLIER.
    Risk to Safety: INCOMPLETE AIR BAG FILL OR AIR BAG CUSHION DETACHMENT DURING A COMMANDED DEPLOYMENT MAY INCREASE THE RISK OF INJURY TO THE DRIVER IN THE EVENT OF A CRASH.
    Remedy Program: OWNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL AND INSTRUCTED TO TAKE THEIR VEHICLE TO A FORD OR LINCOLN DEALER TO HAVE THE DRIVER AIR BAG MODULE REPLACED. THERE WILL BE NO CHARGE FOR THIS SERVICE. FORD IS EXCLUDING REIMBURSEMENT FOR COSTS BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL WARRANTY PROGRAM WOULD PROVIDE FOR A FREE REPAIR FOR THIS CONCERN. FORD WILL FORWARD A COPY OF THE NOTIFICATION LETTERS TO DEALERS TO THE AGENCY WHEN AVAILABLE.
    Manufacturer Notes: TO CHECK FOR NON-SAFETY-RELATED PROGRAMS APPLICABLE TO YOUR VEHICLE, SEE HTTP://WWW.FORD.COM/ OR CALL YOUR FORD DEALER.

Called my local Ford dealer but due to the "snow storm" I have not heard back. Guess everyone is trying to Coker's the 13" of snow. I'll try to get into with my ViN. Thanks!

Got my letter today. Went to my dealer to check on the recall. Advisor said the parts are not available and I would get another letter when they are. While there, got my Conti washed to get rid of the snow dirt and salt. Looks much better!

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD
    Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    Got my letter today. Went to my dealer to check on the recall. Advisor said the parts are not available and I would get another letter when they are. While there, got my Conti washed to get rid of the snow dirt and salt. Looks much better!
    I believe that Ford is required by law to notify owners of a safety defect on becoming aware of the fault. There should be another notice to describe the resolution process and any new parts required and the cost to you. I had a recall on a steering part for my Town Car and while the replacement was a "no charge" item the wheel alignment (which Ford says is not required) was an extra charge that I and my dealer felt was required, so had it done.