lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Recall on 2017 Continental
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD
    Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    I hope that this recall does not hold up deliveries for the forums members waiting for their Continentals!
    Does anyone have any info on this possibility? I have contacted my dealer to see if there is an effect on my car's delivery which I don't know yet anyway.

Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    I don't know if they will hold up your car . I got the letter but my dealer said there are no parts yet , so unless Lincoln has a cache of parts there , probably your car will be fixed , or released to your dealer followed by a recall letter.

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD
    According to my dealer and his factory rep this recall affects vehicles built before March. So my order will not be affected. I guess Lincoln must have enough inventory for new builds.

Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    Seems like you car is on schedule, yeah!

If only I knew what that schedule is it would help calm the excitement.

I can imagine how difficult it must be to "wait" for this car. It's like the Town Car is finally back! The traditional American full-size premium luxury sedan is back... I've only seen a couple on the road so far. It's strange how from afar it looks kinda small. But once you're next to it - it's a different story. I'm pretty sure it's a little smaller than the Town Car on the outside but that's not where I like the size to be anyway.

In any event, I hope the recall doesn't slow things down too much. I'm just starting to see this car on the streets and I hope to see many more very soon...
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

The recall is also preventing delivery of new cars at my dealer. Not only the Continental but some SUV's too.

Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Town View Post
    The recall is also preventing delivery of new cars at my dealer. Not only the Continental but some SUV's too.
    Well THAT'S not good news. Hopefully they get this recall sorted out quickly...
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!