lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Potential New MKZ Owner

Potential New MKZ Owner

Remove this ad
    I have researched the 2017 MKZ and know pretty much what setup I want. I prefer the Reserve 3.0L model with the Climate Package and the Revel Audio upgrade so as to get the HD radio capability. Perhaps the Tech Package too but I dont really need the advanced features although they are nice. I compared the MKZ with the new LaCrosse and as for styling, the MKZ is the clear winner. It appears the LaCrosse front seat thigh support is limited and this tends to strain my back and become uncomfortable after driving while. This would be my first non-GM car in 30 years so moving to Ford/Lincoln and Sirius radio will be an experience. I have had XM radios since long before the merger and enjoy the Internet Radio support a lot and have those radios at home. For now, my local dealer has a very limited selection in MKZs unless you want silver or black and dont want the Reserve model. I am interested in hearing any pros and cons or advice to a newbie in the Lincoln family. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jghmkz View Post
    I have researched the 2017 MKZ and know pretty much what setup I want. I prefer the Reserve 3.0L model with the Climate Package and the Revel Audio upgrade so as to get the HD radio capability. Perhaps the Tech Package too but I dont really need the advanced features although they are nice. I compared the MKZ with the new LaCrosse and as for styling, the MKZ is the clear winner. It appears the LaCrosse front seat thigh support is limited and this tends to strain my back and become uncomfortable after driving while. This would be my first non-GM car in 30 years so moving to Ford/Lincoln and Sirius radio will be an experience. I have had XM radios since long before the merger and enjoy the Internet Radio support a lot and have those radios at home. For now, my local dealer has a very limited selection in MKZs unless you want silver or black and dont want the Reserve model. I am interested in hearing any pros and cons or advice to a newbie in the Lincoln family. Thanks.
    At age 60 - I purchased a 2013 MKZh - my first Ford/Lincoln product ever. It led to replacing my 2nd car with a 2015 MKC. The first time ever that both my cars were the same brand. I have since traded the 2013 MKZh for a 2017 MKZ 3.0T - the first time I have ever traded for the same model. The 2017 MKZ was fully loaded.

The technology package is well worth it. The adaptive cruise control with stop and go is worth the price alone. Once you have this, you will never want to drive a car without it.
    The luxury package with the 20 Speaker Revel and adaptive LED headlights is definitely a luxury. I got it, but the jury is still out on whether it is worth it.
    Climate package - Yes.
    I also got the panoramic glass roof - which is also well worth it. Had it both on the 2013 and 2017 MKZ. Even if the weather is not cooperating or you are interstate driving with the roof closed, the expanse of glass and interior light is great and helps to keep you alert, especially when travelling.

Down to the important part - the seat. The 2013 and 2017 seat are similar. At 6'2", 215 lbs, the seat size and comfort are important to me. I have taken several multi thousand mile trips with the 2013 - with no problem. With the 2017, I have taken on a 700 mile trip with no problem also. Getting the seat settings right is key and I have threatened with death - anyone who changes my saved settings (accidentally or on purpose)! One option which I added on the 2017 is the multicontour seats with active option (i.e. massage). Although a little creepy at first - I used the option several times on my 700 mile trip - and it definitely is a keeper. It has been added to my list of must haves.

The only downside I have had is the service. My closest dealer (1 mile away) service is abysmal. The service manager that I have to deal with (apparently) doesn't like email, doesn't follow-up and you have to keep on him to get anything done. I have stated issues on each and every dealer service survey i have filled out - and nothing seems to change. The service always gets done, and the service techs are great - and is just a chore to work with this manager. I have recently started using service at the next closest Lincoln dealer (about 15 miles away) and it is like night and day - the manager is great, uses email and texting - and life is good. With the 2017, they come and pick up the car, so the distance away is negated.

All in all, I am quite happy.

Remove this ad
    The multicontour seats was another option I wanted but I didnt list it with the other add ons.
    If any 2017 MKZ owners live where its been unusually hot/warm this winter and have had the A/C cranked up, have you noticed how well the rear seat passengers get airflow thru the vents at the back of the center console? I did a 24 hour test drive of a Reserve and I felt the air coming out of the rear seat vents and it didnt appear that cool or have enough volume of air from the console vents to the rear. Has anyone noted concerns with effectively cooling the rear seat passengers? Especially with black leather?