lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS

Lincoln Forum: Broken Drivers Side Mirror..help!
    98LincolnTown is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 1998 Lincoln Town Car

Broken Drivers Side Mirror..help!

Remove this ad
    Can the inside of these power mirrors be replaced or must you replace the entire mirror? I've been hearing I must replace the entire mirror and also I must repaint it yourself?

Also, When you look to order on-line they're power mirrors that are heated and power mirrors that are heated the have memory. It seem like the mirror that has the memory is the correct mirror. But, I can't tell if my 98 Town Car Signature Series if the mirrors have memory?

Thanks for any help.
    1998 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

dave42 is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2003 Town Car Signature Limited
    I believe that if your car has memory functions (buttons on the door panel, I think. Not positive on your generation of TC), then the mirrors will have memory as well as the seat positions.

As for replacement, I have not done it but I think there is a procedure where you turn the mirror a certain way (like all the way inward and upward or maybe downward), and then you can get behind the mirror to access the mounting points inside the housing.

98LincolnTown is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 1998 Lincoln Town Car
    Thanks! I think it's a power mirror with memory as well. I've found replacement mirrors for around $110 but then there's painting which I don't think with be a lot. I'll have to talk to a mechanic on what I can do about repairing it.

Quote Originally Posted by dave42 View Post
    I believe that if your car has memory functions (buttons on the door panel, I think. Not positive on your generation of TC), then the mirrors will have memory as well as the seat positions.

As for replacement, I have not done it but I think there is a procedure where you turn the mirror a certain way (like all the way inward and upward or maybe downward), and then you can get behind the mirror to access the mounting points inside the housing.
    1998 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

Mark I is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 01 TC, 99 TC Federal Limo, 97 Mk VIII
    Remove this ad
    New aftermarket - ebay ~$40 delivered. I installed one and it looks and functions as good as the original.