lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: 2010 MKZ Michelin Tire Checking (dry rot ) normal?

Question 2010 MKZ Michelin Tire Checking (dry rot ) normal?

Remove this ad
    I was looking at my tires today and noticed some checking/dry rot. So I contacted Michelin to find if these were still the OEM tires on my car. From the date code these were made in 2012 , I'm guessing there around 25k on them based on the mileage of the car when the PO bought it used from the dealer.

Michelin told me to take the car to a tire dealer for inspection (which I will do in the next few days) they say it may not be dry rot but cause by ozone and just may be considered normal (hence the inspection). If they indeed have a problem Michelin may cover the replacement cost somewhat. Also a fe wmonths before I purchased the car it did pass the NY State Vehicle Safety Inspection 10/2016 which showed the tires were ok.(all 7.5/32 tire tread) I have put abot 1000 miles on the tires since then.

If these are indeed on the way out what is a good all season high mileage tire to go with?P1150676.jpg

safety.jpg

Remove this ad
    Followup contacted Michelin and they told me to take to a dealer for inspection, upon that Michelin said they would pay %75 if I bought a new set of tires. Well that was a no brainier! I gladly paid my %25 plus the installation, alignment and road hazard warranties. What would of cost $1219.23 cost me $595 for 4 Michelin Pilot MXM4.

Glad I called them!