lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Rear View Camera Installation

Rear View Camera Installation

Remove this ad
    So my research has lead me to believe that the 2010 Lincoln MKX has a plug for the back up camera in the back of the infotainment system. While I have searched the internet for a camera I could install myself, I have yet to find a camera that has the proprietary plug that is on the back of the touchscreen: All I have found are cameras with an RCA plug. Has anyone installed a camera into the stock touch screen/infotainment system? As far as I can tell, I'm going to need an RCA to Lincoln proprietary plug adapter. Has anyone found one of those? Anybody have any experience with specific cameras that turned out especially well? Thanks in advance for your time!
    I apologize if this has been covered in another thread: I was not able to find one.

The camera has RCA plugs. You can purchase a special harness that has RCA plugs and connects to the middle connector on th ed back of the ACU. The harness has a model number of FRD09-BC1. Believe I paid around 40 for the harness.