lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: 2010 MKZ Ultimate Package (how to I remove the inside rear view mirror?)

Question 2010 MKZ Ultimate Package (how to I remove the inside rear view mirror?)

Remove this ad
    This mirror is driving me nuts with the buzzing coming out of it from time to time! What has apparently happened was that the glue must be letting go on each side of the mirror body, just enough to vibrate over certain bumps and cause a buzzing sound. If I squeeze the outer plastic body (see side pix) of the mirror you can feel it compress back to where it should be.

My thoughts are to get the mirror off the windshield and carefully pry it open and re-glue the outer body and leave it clamped overnight, what I do not want to do a break anything removing the mirror from the windshield. From what I have seen these mirrors are just snapped on to the mounting point on the windshield. Some can be undone w/ a special tool from the top of bottom of the mirror.

What I can not find online is how to remove my 2010 MKZ Ultimate package mirror? Any tips of links appreciated. From what I see I think my mirror make be the type that is removed from the bottom???170104_0001.jpg170104_0003.jpg

Still driving me nut's, have a rubber band on each end of the mirror. That does help a lot but the noise is still there and also looks like crap. I'm not about to spend $$$ for a whole new mirror assembly when this could simply be re-glued.

Problem is how do I get this freaking thing off the button? I see 2 tabs under the mirror that I suspect that should be moved w/ some type of tool to release it. But What tool?

I have Googled buzzing rear view mirror ad it seems like many other brands have the same issues and some even had a TSB recall to have the mirror replaced.

One other question, what type of glue should I use (super glue, barge or ??)

Help

Buzzing mirror driving me nuts

Remove this ad
    Found a fix for now. FOMOCO PN#1234yougotobekinning

I removed the 2 rubber bands and then inserted a toothpick on each side of the mirror as show in pix. Then broke off the excess, don't know how long it will keep quiet but at leaset its working better then the rubber-bands.

If anyone out there has removed there a mirror from a 10 MLZ w/ technology package please send on some info/pix and what tool you used. Also would like to hear why type of glue should be used to re-assemble this?

TIA170228_0001.jpg170228_0002.jpg