lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Help me with the 2014 lincoln MKT issues
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Remove this ad
    Both dropbox and wetransfer will be great. Thanks.

Thanks a lot. Just update the system today and the siri works pretty well now.

"Like"
    '11 MKT 3.5 EcoBoost AWD; '14 Jeep Cherokee Ltd. V6 AWD
    '00 Regal 29' Commodore twin 4.3L

Just purchased a 2014 MKT (36,000 miles), AWD EcoBoost dealer certified. Love the vehicle, but try as I might, can't average more than 14.5 mpg. Lincoln advertises 18mpg, Consumers Report agrees based on their long term test, and a neighbor claims 18 mpg in virtually 100% city driving. Any thoughts as to what might be done to achieve what seems to be the norm in mpg?

peterk9 is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Explorer Platinum AWD Ecoboost
    My 2014 MKT had about 7500 miles on it when I returned it to the dealer for a 2017 Explorer Platinum. During the time I had it I averaged 17.3 mpg (US) according to Fuelly.com. That was using 87 octane gasoline and about 50/50 city highway driving and using dedicated Winter tires on 18" wheels in Winter.

Peter
    Used to have a 2014 MKT

My 2010 is still going strong but I have the opportunity the I may not be able to pass-up. 2014 MKT with only 33kms (20k miles) for $30k Canadian (US $22.5k). Does it sound to good to be true? Dealer maintained with all service records. Anything I need to look for?? Car was put on the road Dec of 2014 so its just bearly over 2 yrs old. All options except for DVD entertainment.
    I have the window sticked and CarProf which is clean. It will be a CPO.
    Cliff

peterk9 is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Explorer Platinum AWD Ecoboost
    The one I mentioned in post 16 was on a 3 year lease but the dealer called saying if I was still interested in a 2017 Explorer they would pay off the remaining 5 lease payments. They did that and then bought it from Lincoln Canada and shipped it to the U.S. because of the $$ value. The MKT wasn't fully loaded. It had the non opening panoramic moonroof and no center console for the 2nd row buckets along with a few missing features. MRSP was just over $58k at the time I leased it. It sounds like $30k is actually a pretty good price. Mine was trouble free for the time I had it. The only minor issue was that with the rain sensing wipers I would get the occasional wipe on a nice sunny day. My 2011 Explorer did that and my 2017 has done it as well. Good luck.

Peter
    Used to have a 2014 MKT

Remove this ad
    Thanks for the info!! Will let you know if I go through with it.