lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Help me with the 2014 lincoln MKT issues
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Help me with the 2014 lincoln MKT issues

Remove this ad
    We have purchased a CPO 2014 lincoln-mkt with 39700 miles for less than a month in PA. It is ecoboost model with everything including refridgerator except the rear DVD. We only test drove it for 20 mins and decided to take it for $26890. We just made a trip to NY for around 400 miles. it is a great vehicle but we met several problems with this vehicle.

1. The wind noise in highway is pretty obvious even comparing to our old lincoln LS. I am not sure it is because of the design or just this vehicle. It was a fleet vehicle before with clean title but not serviced with lincoln dealer for the first two years of this car. Today I just noticed some plastic part in the bottom of the body is broken in front of the left and right rear tires, as picture 1 showed. We didn't notice it when we test drive since we only test for a very short time. Is this the reason for the wind noise in highway? Does other mkt owners have the same noise? Should I go to the original dealer to repair the broken plastic part (which is 100 miles away)? We have a close lincoln dealer here too (10 miles away).
    2. The car started out from park and feel like the transmission was slipping several round and then suddenly slam into gear (feeling like I was hit from behind) and then would be fine. It happened around one week before too, but not obviously as this time. I knew there are some problems about transmission in a 2010 mkt ecoboost model. Does any other second generation mkt have the same problem? Do I need to request a 'flight recorder' from the dealer to record it since it does not happen everytime? Or should I request the transmission range sensor and pin needed to be replaced witch they are doing now as well as the TSB on the brakes as the 1st generation MKT repair?
    3. The plastic end of the safety belt of the second row passenger side is broken and need to be repaired.
    4. Because of everything above happened for the last 25 days I owned this car, I decided to run a vehicle heath report and it returns some message URGETN SERVICE REQIURED in the Braking and suspension part ( The icons below may be illuminated in your dash or console or may appear in your message center. The vehicle diagnostics indicate a parameter that is out of normal range or that a component has failed. Systems within your vehicle need prompt service and/or inspection.)
    5. Minor thing 1: the health report claimed that mylincoln touch is v3.7 and is the newest version. I knew there is V3.8 already with better siri support for iphone. Is there any link I can download this version since lincoln website won't show me bcz they think it is already the newest version v3.7.
    6. Minor thing 2: the leather part of the driver seat outside area is in bad situation and I am not sure what the dealer or I can do with it as shown in figure 3.
    7. There are some small dent and scratch in the front and the back door of the car. Can this be covered by dealer and how much the cost will be?

This car is still in bumper to bumper warranty until Oct/2018 and limited comprehensive warranty till Oct/2020. I hope all the repair above will be covered. I am also supervised how many problems this vehicle has since it is certified with Lincoln as CPO cars for 200 points checked. What do they check? The sales man told me they changed the front tires and pads, but not the rear.

I will go to the original dealer where I purchased this car (100 miles away) next Tuesday and any suggestion before that will be very thankful.

Yes; see the CPO dealer.
    My tranny 'clunked' for awhile. My fluid was a tad low, and I bought a quart (buy from dealer!-no one else stocks it) & topped it off myself.
    Go here to see if there is an update & download: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account...p-to-date.html
    '11 MKT 3.5 EcoBoost AWD; '14 Jeep Cherokee Ltd. V6 AWD
    '00 Regal 29' Commodore twin 4.3L

For the update, I went to the same webpage and it told me that my version v3.7 is the newest and no more updates.

peterk9 is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Explorer Platinum AWD Ecoboost
    I just returned my leased 2014 MKT to the dealer at the end of October. It was very quiet on the highways. No wind noises at all. As for the latest MLT version, it is V3.8. I downloaded that version a year ago. As for the Sync account message that you are up to date, mine said that as well even though I knew it was wrong. I find it is always best to go into the software section of the MLT and check to see what it shows there as that will be the most accurate.
    There is a TSB for the earlier Explorers on the hard shift/ clunk issue. It also applied to the 2010 & 2011 MKT. http://www.explorerforum.com/xenforo.../#post-3246033

Peter
    Used to have a 2014 MKT

Cant you go to the closest Lincoln dealer? Lincolns are covered until 50,000 miles.

Got it chekced with the CPO dealer and they can't capture the transmission problem. They also didn't know what the plastic part close to the rear wheels are and since it cost $200, they didn't suggest me repait them. About the brake and suspension code, they told me it belongs to the first owner and I don't need to worry about it. Finally, they said they will order the seat cover for the driver side and replace it, which is around $900 and covered by warranty.

Btw, I still can't find the v3.8 software. Can anyone share the download links for me? Thanks

peterk9 is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Explorer Platinum AWD Ecoboost
    If you are referring to that small plastic piece mounted to the body and in front of the rear wheels, that is part of the overall aerodynamic features of the vehicle. The 5th generation Explorers have that also.
    I believe a V3.8 download was posted in the Explorer forum but I don't know if it is the same as the one for Lincoln as sometimes the software contains certain 'fixes' for a model.

Peter
    Used to have a 2014 MKT

Mine is a 564 MB file. Not sure how I can share with you.

Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Mine is a 564 MB file. Not sure how I can share with you.
    Either Dropbox or a new one, free, that works very well: We Transfer. Just go to their website, no need for an app. https://wetransfer.com
    '11 MKT 3.5 EcoBoost AWD; '14 Jeep Cherokee Ltd. V6 AWD
    '00 Regal 29' Commodore twin 4.3L