lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Wing Grill Gone in 2018?

Question Wing Grill Gone in 2018?

Remove this ad
    While test driving a 2017 MKX the salesperson said that the 2018 will have a minor sheet metal update and the wing grill will be replaced by one that looks more like the wire mesh of the MKC and Continental. Can anyone confirm this?

I do not need to replace my current vehicle right now and can easily wait a year for the 2018's. While I like the look of the wing grill, if it is going away I would rather wait and have a "look" that will be around for a few years.

SS//

If not 2018my then 2019my at the latest.
    1989 Chrysler LeBaron 66,000 miles
    2013 Ford Taurus 46,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
    If not 2018my then 2019my at the latest.
    I wish I had more information. If the grill won't be changed until the 2019 MY then I will buy a 2017.

I may try another dealer and see if they can confirm the date.

SS//

I'm not a fan of the wing grille. That being said, I recently bought an MKS with one.

driller is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2010 Limited Edition Navigator L, 2006 Designer Series Town Car, '98-'96-'93 Mark VIII's
    You can bet money they will soon integrate all the grilles to the new mesh type with the Lincoln star pattern.

Remove this ad
    I just saw on the Ford Authority website that the MKX "redesign " will not be until 2021 http://fordauthority.com/2017/02/for...lates-by-2020/.

I suppose that does not guarantee the wing grill will stay around until then, but it sure increases the odds it will. That makes me feel much better now that I have ordered a Black Label that should be here by June 5