lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Took delivery today!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Took delivery today!!

Remove this ad
    Hi, I am new to this forum and glad to find it. I started a previous thread but had some issues trying to post a photo.
    At any rate I was excited to get the call yesterday saying my 2017 Lincoln Continental arrived. Picked it up today and drove the 60 miles home in pure luxury, wow what a ride. I traded in my 2011 town car and there is no comparison, much quieter too.
    On the 60 mile ride traveling 70 it yielded 35mpg with the 2.7 GTDI. The adaptive cruise control worked great on the busy highway.
    Lincoln also provided a very special gift upon delivery, a rendering of the car signed by the designer, with my name and build number, very nice touch
    When I can post photos I will

Congrats, look forward to seeing pictures! Interesting comments in regards to the Town Car. I think a lot of people would be surprised to hear that.
    1989 Chrysler LeBaron 66,000 miles
    2013 Ford Taurus 46,000 miles

Regarding differences to the 2011 TC, obviously the TC has a great ride, but the new Continental feels more responsive yet smooth, possible due the lower profile tires. The seats are much better, the headrests on the continental are much better too, thinner and not as bulky and easy to see around.

The car is noticeably shorter in the garage, however the interior room especially back seat has more room, I think at least 3" more rear passenger room. The trunk won't hold my golf clubs side to side like the TC but it has plenty or room flat and deep to slide them in. The fit and trim is excellent, attention to detailed everywhere.

There are so many features on is car I am still learning what it can do. This is a 200a select model with option packages select plus, technology package, and climate package, also got a single cd plater.

Last night I was walked by and it greeted me by lighting up and shining the Lincoln logo at my feet, the interior color can be changed from a rainbow of colors options.

Time to put a few more miles in it today. I am very satisfied after a long wait. Ordered on July 23, built on Sept 9, delivered October 6th.

Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental

Red face

Congrats! Which wheels did you choose? 19" or 20"? Engine?

Hi Pasadena Lady, fun watching your thread, I am surprised my car was delivered before yours. I hope you are as happy as I am about your Continental. The 200 package and options I got put me in the 2.7 gtdi turbo, and the 19" wheels. I have about 1500 miles on it now and really enjoying every mile. So many more options than my previous towncar. The suspension settings are awesome, the headlights good (not sure about the recall) and the interior lighting selection is fun. I change it all the time.the power of the turbo powerful and city/hwy mileage better than average. This is the best Lincoln I have owned and this is my 13th Lincoln. I know you will be pleased when you get behind the wheel, truely amazing! Looking forward to your report. And you will really like the special gift Lincoln gives for your special order...

So great to hear. I also ordered 200A with full electronics including CD back in May but got call this week telling me that mine was produced 19 Sept but held due to engine recall problem, same engine 2.7, with others and would have to be reordered?? I got story that Lincoln did not want to ship with recall so would rebuild if customer still wanted, strange?? Glad to find your post and so happy that you are well satisfied. I have 2005 TC that I have loved with 200K.

Wow! Congratulations! Are you our first member with the Continental? You're so lucky... I'm going to take a look around to see if you posted picture. If not, send me a message and let me know or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page and I'll help you out...

Quote Originally Posted by HLincoln View Post
    Hi, I am new to this forum and glad to find it. I started a previous thread but had some issues trying to post a photo.
    At any rate I was excited to get the call yesterday saying my 2017 Lincoln Continental arrived. Picked it up today and drove the 60 miles home in pure luxury, wow what a ride. I traded in my 2011 town car and there is no comparison, much quieter too.
    On the 60 mile ride traveling 70 it yielded 35mpg with the 2.7 GTDI. The adaptive cruise control worked great on the busy highway.
    Lincoln also provided a very special gift upon delivery, a rendering of the car signed by the designer, with my name and build number, very nice touch
    When I can post photos I will
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Quote Originally Posted by HLincoln View Post
    Hi Pasadena Lady, fun watching your thread, I am surprised my car was delivered before yours. I hope you are as happy as I am about your Continental. The 200 package and options I got put me in the 2.7 gtdi turbo, and the 19" wheels. I have about 1500 miles on it now and really enjoying every mile. So many more options than my previous towncar. The suspension settings are awesome, the headlights good (not sure about the recall) and the interior lighting selection is fun. I change it all the time.the power of the turbo powerful and city/hwy mileage better than average. This is the best Lincoln I have owned and this is my 13th Lincoln. I know you will be pleased when you get behind the wheel, truely amazing! Looking forward to your report. And you will really like the special gift Lincoln gives for your special order...
    Well I know why your car was delivered before mine. Apparently at the dealership the order was put in as a stock vehicle not a customer order. Only found out when I asked the sales manager upon my delivery. So I will not be getting the special gift like you received. I feel like I am missing out on the special event. I would like to know my build number. What is yours?

Well, still waiting fir a picture of your car! Color? Options? Etc, Etc, Etc...,,,

Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    Well, still waiting fir a picture of your car! Color? Options? Etc, Etc, Etc...,,,
    Still waiting for pictures. Are you too busy out driving the new Conti that you aren't around to visit the forum? i can see that happening!